utorrent 1.8 final released

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorva84

In the zone
the lightweight torrent client utorrent version 1.8 has been released...grab it now

*download.utorrent.com/images/screenshot-tilt.jpg

Change Log: *forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=44003
*www.utorrent.com/

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
This is one of THE best torrent clients around.
It works perfectly under Wine too.
Keep up the good work uTorrent team :)

Rightly said, µTorrent is just perfect for torrents. I am using the 1.8 version for last 3 hours and it is quite better than the previous 1.7.7 . It is good with WINE too but I prefer native clients like rTorrent in linux with minimal looks and great efficiency. :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
whts the change log ...

but if u ask me .. azureus ( vuze ) is the best client ever..

i have seen constant speed in vuze ... but not in utorrent for the same torrent...

anyway this utorrent is very light weight.. and not that resource hungry .. suitable for most...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
please enable the advanced download mode to be displayed everytime u start azureus .. which will stop showing the vuze page in the startup...

deluge ??? never heard of it ??

azureus handles torrent way better than any other clients ...

speeds are awesome...

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
deluge ??? never heard of it ??

It is a torrent client for linux. Check it here : *deluge-torrent.org/
But I think it is useless for you, since I presume you are only into Windows. :p

azureus handles torrent way better than any other clients ...

speeds are awesome...

Azureus is Java based naa ? And most Java bases softwares suck in the older machines. Thats why I hate Azu. BTW I used it in my hacintosh 10.5.4 but moved to Transmission a few days ago and I'm quite happy with it.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Thanks for the info. Just checked for updates from client. "No updates found" :S

Downloading from the site

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
java sucks .. but on the job side it does.. isnt it more than java issue ???

to say the truth .. ican put a download in the night and expect a decent download rate ...

but with utorrent.. ( which i also use to download small files and other files when i have issues with azureus ) the speeds keeps on varying .. there is no constant speed..

still i love utorrent for its extremely small size and "download maanager" like appearance which is suitable for many...newbie`s ateast...

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I used Beta versions of 1.8 earlier and they had the problem of persistent Data Integrity check, whether the shutdown was scheduled normal or sudden in nature. updated this morning so yet to shutdown the system and check if the issue continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom