using virtual drive for COD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harish_21_10

In the zone
I got COD2 yesterday and decided to make a image file of the play disc and use it on a virtual drive for playing the game without the cd...i used cloneCD,it did make an image file of the cd but after mounting the file on virtual drive i am not able to play the game...i get an error saying
"CANNOT LOCATE THE CD/DVD ROM
Please insert the correct CD/DVD-Rom,and restart application"
Now help me out guys...i dont want to use the cd bcoz i need to keep inserting it again and again.
And also in trying this out with Daemon Tools my CD/DVD-Rom drive letter changed from G: to I: ,help me rename the drive to G:

venkat1605

Broken In
Hey Harish,U should not create an image using Clone CD but by using Virtual Drive.Do it this way insert DVD in DVD Drive(Make sure Virtual Drive is installed on ur machine)right click on COD 2 DVD icon,there will be an option called as Create Image (using Virtual Drive).Virtual Drive will create image of COD 2 in the specified Drive of ur hard disk.Once created right click on virtual drive CD/DVD icon select insert image & insert COD 2 image.Then play.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
First of all its a CD game not the DVD...and i am sure cloneCD can be used for making an image of the cd...then i selected virtual drive and mounted the image but then i get the above mentioned error.
Pls read the post properly before posting anything.

Is there no one here who can help me with...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I wouldnt use Anti-Blaxx. It messes up a lot more of your system than just your IDE drives. Are you using the latest version of Daemon tools? If not I really suggest you do. The new one supports all commercial protections.

OP
harish_21_10

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys this time Dameon Tools worked,the problem was i followed the following steps to get it working:
SAFEDISK v4 + SECUROM NEW v7 WALKTHOUGH:

Tested on FEAR and MATRIX THE PATH OF NEO and QUAKE 4 and CALL OF DUTY 2 and NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED.

1:for this you dont need to unplug your optical drives at all.
1.1:startup starforce nightmare select DISABLE CD and DISABLE NODE
2:install daemon tools v4
3:mount your safedisk 4/securom new v7 game and select your emulation method for the game your going to play.
4:use srstop or sdhider to hide your virtual drive from the protections detecting it, this is what safedisk and securom do so use either of those program to hide them
Found it HERE
But this time i only used Dameon Tool not following the remaining steps and it help...anyways thanks for ur reply's

I had one more problem as i mentioned in my first post,my CD/DVD drive letter changed from G: to I:,now i want it to be G: but how?

Sourabh

Laptoping
My Computer>Manage> Disk Management> RIght click Daemon drive>Change drive letter ( Assign J: ) Now follow the same procedure to make the actual dvd rom drive G:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom