Using the s-video output

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram_s

Broken In
Hi... I recently purchased a 4 pin s-video cable with an idea to connect my dell laptop with Intel 945GM having a s-video jack to my Philips TV. The model is pretty old, so I dont expect it to support any resolution more than 640*480. But, I am not able to set a resolution less than 800*600 in my laptop which has a native resolution of 1280*800. It doesnt work on higher resolutions either. The display however gets recognised as an external monitor and I am able to select the display I want (using the fn + F8 key). I onlt see some flashes and some random stuff on the TV simlar to ehat happens when we set our monitor to a resolution higher than the native resolution.

I dual boot my laptop with ubuntu, which supports a resolution of 640*480. In ubuntu, till I reduced the resoltion I found somethin moving on the screen. As I changed it to 640*480, the screen just became blank. Is there something else that I have to do?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My guess is that the TV out of your laptop is set to NTSC. I had such problems before. all televisions in india are PAL. more recent models support both PAL and NTSC. Change the mode to PAL and it should work. you will see this in the display control panel. if PAL/NTSC option is not there then it will be Country wise.. set it to India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom