Using the RS480 video out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
Hey peeps,

i have the above mobo (SIW shows it as Chipset Model RS480 Host Bridge), and i want to use the video out option in it. i intend to connect it to the TV...which cable should i get? n if the cable is long enough, since the TV is in the other room, will that hamper the video quality?? i basiclly wanna watch the dvdrips that i have on TV.

also, (noob alert!) will the videos be automatically upscaled, since i have mostly 700mb n 1.38gig rips??? in other words, will they look good? :)

ps - the tv out slot has 4 jacks, three(red/green/black) single holed ones and one which looks like a serial port....

Can anyone help me out???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i think the rs480 based mobos haf an s-video out. most of the tvs will haf the av connector. so basically u need to get an s-video to av cable. jus check what type of input ur tv uses. they come in specific lengths. its better to keep it short.

gauravakaasid said:
ps - the tv out slot has 4 jacks, three(red/green/black) single holed ones and one which looks like a serial port....
oops! overlooked this! can u post a pic so that we can exactly know what kinds connector is that?

Last edited:
OP
gauravakaasid

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^thnx for being so quick :)

since i dnt hav a digicam....this is the best i could come up with - (my drawing skills suck, so leme know if sumthing's aint clear)
*img453.imageshack.us/img453/4615/screenshot008xk5.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-03

also, what would be the ideal length of the cable?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm... i dunno abt the first 3 connectors. but the 4th one suspiciously looks like an s-video connector. is it yellow in color? (some s-video connectors haf 7pin while some are 4 pins.. wid some dummy holes too)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
that doesn't look like an s-video connector! get the mobo manual. that'll surely help in identifying what kinda connectors are there :)

edit: are u sure the first one is black? i think that has to be blue.. then u can simply use a normal av to av cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom