Using multimedia keyboard to control Real Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I use Real Player for music playback and I have a HCL keyboard with a few extra keys which provide functionalities such as play/pause, stop, next track etc...

When I use these to control playback in Real Player, they work fine only when Real Player is the Active window....but when the Real Player window is inactive, the extra keys do not work...

I checked out the "Settings" section but could not find any setting to change this behaviour according to my preference.

Is there an option by which I may use the multimedia keys in conjunction with Real Player even if Real Player window is inactive?

vasulic

Journeyman
Set realplayer as your default Audio player.

and now you should be able to use Realplayer with your keyboard

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
vasulic said:
Set realplayer as your default Audio player.

and now you should be able to use Realplayer with your keyboard

I have already set Real Player as my "Universal Media Player"...

vasulic

Journeyman
No, it should work.I tried with my computer before answering to you.
Close all the windows, then Start>set program access and defaults> set Real player as default player.
Now press "MEDIA" Key from your KeyBoard (mine is Logitech KB).
Real player will popup

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
vasulic said:
No, it should work.I tried with my computer before answering to you.
Close all the windows, then Start>set program access and defaults> set Real player as default player.
Now press "MEDIA" Key from your KeyBoard (mine is Logitech KB).
Real player will popup

Yes, the Real Player does pop-up...but my problem is that if I have other windows open (not any media player though), then the media keys(i.e. stop, pause, next track etc.) work only when Real Player is the active window.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
If Real Player supports Global shortcut keys, enable them in the Preferences.

Then you should be able to control Real Player even if it is not in focus.

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
@manas...sorry if I am hurting but pal I am not that DUMB so a to ask u such a question without researching for it myself...

I searched for such an option in the preferences but could not find one...that is why I put up this question here...

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
bizzare_blue said:
@manas...sorry if I am hurting but pal I am not that DUMB so a to ask u such a question without researching for it myself...

I searched for such an option in the preferences but could not find one...that is why I put up this question here...

Ahem, then you should have answered as "No, it didn't work", when i had posted my suggestion earlier.If you dont respnd as to whether a suggestion worked or not how am i supposed to know whether u have tried it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom