Using msn thru Trillian ,not workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
It says connection to msn failed while I connect to msn using Trillian, why? Is there any settting that needs to be tweaked?

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
k,i didnt know that. In yahoo msgr in trillian it connects with the login and pw ..

Lemme try it

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah yahoo connects only via the ID but for MSN, you have to enter your full email address. Post back if it works!

kalpik

Hmm.. actually im not using trillian. But have used it though. But im pretty sure that u have to enter your email address for MSN. But obviously that is not the problem in your case! Have u given access to trillian in your firewall?

kalpik

I guess you should wait for someone with trillian installed to answer! But as far as i remember, i didnt have to tweak it at all! It just worked! Sorry!

PS: Check if u have the latest version. Also check you have the latest version of the MSN plugin. Cuz i now remember i had to download the updated MSN plugin manually to make it work!

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
i have trill v0.635n. AIM,Yahoo,etc work, except MSN. I dont think a plugin is necessary, something to do with the options in it.....

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Yes, i know that .... Didnt install it as it wud hog resources and i stuck to the older one.....

kalpik

Actually yahoo, msn etc keep changing login procedures and servers every now and then. So i guess the version you have does not know the new login procedure of MSN! Thats why its not connecting. You can at least download the new version and see if it works, that way, we'l know whether the problem is the old version or something else!

kalpik

Its around 9 MB! *www.download.com/Trillian/3000-2150-10047473.html?part=dl-trillian&subj=dl&tag=button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom