Using E6: Handsfree Car Kit + MP3 Player + FM Radio for 100 Rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi frnds.. :)

This was posted by a frnd of mine in another forum!

Here's a neat trick that really floors friends/others in your car -

How to use your E6 as a Handsfree Car Kit + MP3 Player + FM Radio for under 100 !!

Get a Car cassetter adopter (the one that has a wire with 3.5 mm jack from a 'dummy' cassette) which you slip into your car cassette player. I got a pretty decent one for Rs.100 (about USD 2.50) from Ritchie Street in Chennai.

You can connect your E6 to your car cassette player and Lo ! you have a MP3 player with 1Gb/2Gb/4Gb (depending upon your SD card size). (And it doesnt have to be only MP3 !!). You can also use as FM radio, in case your cassette player doesn't have FM radio. Believe me the sound quality is even better than the Car stereo ( I have a Sony)

And the best part ! When you get incoming calls - it acts as Hands Free, the callers voice comes thru the car speakers (in full blown stereo) and if you have placed your E6 on the dashboard of your car, the very sensitive microphone enables you to have a 100 % hands free experience. The sound output from your Player/FM of E6 automtatically cuts out when the call is recieved. Once the call ends - the music comes on automatically again !! If you set your phone to 'Auto Answer' - you don't even have to touch the phone to receive calls.​

And Any1 have tried like this earlier!?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
wao...it is good idea...
can i use my n70 0r 7610 like this?

what will i require?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes, you can use any phone like this. Ensure that the headset has the 3.5mm adaptor. If you haf an older stereo then get the cassette adaptor. If you haf a newer one then it'll most prolly haf an AUX IN which can be connected to your phone via standard stereo cable (3.5mm stereo jack at both ends). However, if you haf a newer stereo and no AUX IN then you are out of luck!

A cassette adaptor looks like this: *www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/AVCommuni...s/CassetteAdapter/lrg-pri-cassetteAdapter.jpg
You can connect to your mobile phone/DAP (including iPod like this): *images.digitalmedianet.com/2005/Week_53/dn35jc79/story/icarplay.jpg

A Standard Stereo cable (for car stereos without cassette players but with AUX IN) looks like this: *www.triplebit.com/images/Cable2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom