Using Airtel net simultaneously..Need guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
I am using Airtel broadband connection..i connect the ADSL modem to my desktop via USB & to my laptop via the LAN cable..but i can connect to net from either one of them at one time...wat i want to know is if its possible to connect to net simultaneously from both the machines or not? even if the speed gets shared its ok wid me...any help guys?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
If u have airtel unlimited connection then buy a switch.Set your modem in auto dial mode using the modems inbuilt page through Ppoee.Remember to change your modem's homepage password.Connect your modem to the switch and both the PC and laptop too to the switch.Then set your net connection to always on in both the laptop and pc.

navino87

In the zone
I am doing the same... connected old comp with usb n new 1 with lan cable... N yes u can access net simultaneously... u should just hav different ip address configured in both system...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
onlytanmoy said:
I am using Airtel broadband connection..i connect the ADSL modem to my desktop via USB & to my laptop via the LAN cable..but i can connect to net from either one of them at one time...wat i want to know is if its possible to connect to net simultaneously from both the machines or not? even if the speed gets shared its ok wid me...any help guys?
yes you can do.
Configure your modem to PPPoE protocol.
But mind..the USB interface will face frequent disconnection problem.

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
ravi_9793 said:
yes you can do.
Configure your modem to PPPoE protocol.
But mind..the USB interface will face frequent disconnection problem.

plz let me know how can i configure my modem to PPPoE protocol so that i can use net simultaneously in both the systems....thanks in advance.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
onlytanmoy said:
plz let me know how can i configure my modem to PPPoE protocol so that i can use net simultaneously in both the systems....thanks in advance.
1) open IE or any browser.
2) enter address 192.168.1.1
3) You will be asked to enter a user name and password.
username-->> admin
password -->> password
4) Click on WAN from left pane.
5) Edit
6) ATM PVC Configuration
VPI: [0-255]-->> 1
VCI: [0-65535]-->>32

7) Next
8) select PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
9) Enter username, password
10) Next-->>next-->>save and reboot

Done.

Sorry dear..for replying so late.
Actually I was missing this thread.

OP
O

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
thanks a lott ravi...its working like a charm here..thanks again bro.
wish u happy new year in advance.

Mods/Admins >> plz close this thread. its solved now.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
onlytanmoy said:
thanks a lott ravi...its working like a charm here..thanks again bro.
wish u happy new year in advance.

Mods/Admins >> plz close this thread. its solved now.
my pleasure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom