Using a handycam as a webcam. Can it be done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
I've got a amd 2.8 64 bit system with win xp sp 2. And a pinnacle 100e pctv usb2 box to connect to the tv and my Handycam. How can I use the handycam as a webcam ? any1 knows this ? the resolution a handycam offers is many times more than even an expensive webcam .

mvishnu

Broken In
ya! ur right. Handycam rees. is much better. But think of one thing. A webcam costs ~500 when a handycam is 20000 ie, 40 times!

BTW, u CAN use handycam as webcam. I hav done it. Using Yahoo messenger. It detects the handycam just like any other webcam. Res. is good, but refresh rate is bad.... ie, it looks like a alideshow...

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
How did u do it ? Tell me so I can also try , I'm using yahoo ver 7.02 the cost is def more for a handycam , but then we can use a handycam for lots more , a webcam is just a webcam

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well u can go in the webcam preferences of ur yahoo msngr and change the source to tht of ur handycam and then u r done!!!!

harish_21_10

In the zone
ankurgupta.me said:
Well u can go in the webcam preferences of ur yahoo msngr and change the source to tht of ur handycam and then u r done!!!!

But for me those settings are off...y so?what could be the reason?

harish_21_10

In the zone
ankurgupta.me said:
Maybe coz u dont have video source from which msngr can capture the video.
I dont have any web cam but i do have a tv-tuner card installed...now can u help me with this?

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey guys my fault...actually i was try this with my digital camera.We try it with the handycam when its back from my friend
Anyways isn't this possible with my Digital Cam?it has video too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom