username logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
:lol: can anyone tell me how to get a personalized icon for myself in this forum, just like u guys have under ur username?

ishaan

Padawan
click on PROFILE on the top of this page,then:

scroll rite down the page wich opens up and u will see a subhead - AVATAR CONTROL PANEL

then, you have the option of either uploading ur own avatar from ur pc, to put a link of a picture already uploaded on sum site, or to choose from one of digit's own collection

PS - Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 10 KB.

PPS - those 'personalised icons' under the username r called AVATARS

OP
yrana2002

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
also, how does oone edit an icon like the one i saw here having ritesh inside logo instead of intel inside?

expertno.1

Technomancer
also, how does oone edit an icon like the one i saw here having ritesh inside logo instead of intel inside?

This is done by editing the images using Photoshop

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys how do i minimize pics to the required size for an avatar in my username,cuz all my pics r 2 big

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
he must have got it now i spose

@chwamiki - use either IrfanView or photoshp to resize

In photoshop > go to file > save for web and u will see 2 tabs at right mid-bottom, go to the 2nd tab and change the pixels to the desired ones and save it.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U can use Ulead Photo Explorer 6.0 (its an old version tat im using) its a Digital Photography Software(given in DIGIT CD/DVD) sum time back..u can load it onto ur system and it can be used to convert any pictures into any size as well as any format. And then u can shrink ur pics into the recommended size of 80x80 Pixels...

The current verison of this software is Ulead PhotoExplorer 8.5 ....

U can download the old as well as the new versions from this link:
*www.ulead.com/pex/freeware.htm

Hope this solves ur problems.. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

tuxfan

Technomancer
yrana2002 said:
:lol: can anyone tell me how to get a personalized icon for myself in this forum, just like u guys have under ur username?

Do you mean the "BRAINIAC" icon thats just above my avatar? You don't get it, you earn it ;)

Just kidding. The forum mods and admins decide on who gets these. That was started some time ago because of a thread inquiring which member gives best answers. That ruffled a few feathers here and there :roll: That prompted the forum admins to create user groups and based on posts quality over a period of time, these ranks were awarded.

theraven

Technomancer
its called an avatar

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9012&highlight=avatars
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8891&highlight=avatars
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6883&highlight=avatars
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6364&highlight=avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom