User Javascript: Extensions for Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
Most people are unaware of it but Opera has a nifty little feature called User Javascript that works similar to FF extensions. There are plenty of userjs to download and you can even code your own if you know javascript. Whats more, Opera even supports FF's Greasemonkey script. I won't bother myself by typing out this tutorial since there are whole websites dedicated to userjs. So I m just going to copy-paste some basic stuff from thses sites to help you get along.

Installing userjs is also very simple. The main steps involved are

1. You need to make a separate directory for storing all your userjs files. It may be anywhere on your PC.
2. Then go to Tools –> Preferences –> Advanced –> Content –> JavaScript Options.
3. Fill in the location of your userjs directory in the My Java script files box.
4. Now exit Opera and go to the /profile directory and open the opera6.ini file with Notepad
5. Find the [User Prefs] section
6. Add the line Always Load User JavaScript=1 .
7. Save the file and exit.

Now all you need to do is to download and save the userjs files to your userjs directory.

Here are some useful userjs:

1. Bug me not : This script allows the user to search BugMeNot.com service for accounts to bypass compulsory authentification on the site he/she is viewing. To use the script just press Ctrl+Shift+Double Click.

3. Zoom Image : This script allows you to zoom individual images using an image toolbar appearing whenever you hold your mouse over an image.

3. Flash Panel for Opera : This modification would add a DHTML floating panel to any page which contains flash files. It allows the user quickly to open / save the flash-movies which are contained by active page. Also panel allows to hide/show flash on page.
.Installing it is very simple, just make sure that you extract the vfpO8.js file to your userjs directory.

4. Youtube video download script

Just browse through these sites for more scripts

*my.opera.com/community/forums/forum.dml?id=114
*userjs.org/scripts/
*www.scss.com.au/family/andrew/opera/userjs/

I recommend you go thorough this site. Some of the tricks discussed there are :

Integrating generic download manager that doesn't support Opera by default.

1. Click on Tools->Pref–>Advanced—>Downloads
2. Uncheck “Hide filetypes opened with Opera”
3. Now search for extension type .zip
4. Select that entry and Click on Edit.
5. Select the option Open with other application and point to your download manager’s execution file ( .exe)
6. Check the option to pass on the url to application.
Click ok and repeat the same for all extensions want to associate with the download manager.

Adding New Menus

BBCode

This modification will allow you to quickly insert BBCode while typing out new posts/replies in a forum.

1.Open the profile/menu directory and then open the menu file. Find the [Edit Widget Popup Menu] section.
Then add the following line

Submenu, “BB Code”, BBcode Menu

2. Then scroll down to the bottom of the document and copy-paste this code .
3. Save the file and use it with Opera. If it isnt working then from Tools ->Preferences ->Advanced ->Toolbars make sure that this edited menu file is selected.

You can even add new buttons to Opera. There are hundreds of buttons ready to download from this site

*my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=91603

anilmail17

Journeyman
hey gud work. thnks.
can u tell me more about youtube downloading script i mean how to use it? can i use the same script to get songs from apnatube.com?

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
I don't think the youtube script will work for apnatube or any others. Regarding to its using, instructions are there in the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom