use internet from a fone

Status
Not open for further replies.

U2

Broken In
hey is there any way tht i can use my samsung R220 mobile with airtel to surf the internet on my pc

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@amritpal2489: stop asking such stuff man. u've posted it 4 times! therez nothing like free net access on this planet! believe it!

slugger

Banned
Just the thread I was looking 4.
My folx own a pair of E98s. Whenever I attach their handsets 2 my computer 4 file transfer, they r dtected as USB Modems. So does it mean that if I get GPRS activated on their handsets, I would be able 2 set them up to be able to access the Internet from my Computer.
How is the speed offered by such a cconnection.
Service Provider : Airtel
Also if I connect both the handsets will I experiance an increase in speed of download/upload?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
if the phones are detected as modems then you can surf the net on ur phone via gprs connection thru ur phone. the speed is more or less same as 56kbps dial-up connection. afaik airtel doesn't allow bridging two gprs connections.

get_biks

Broken In
Yup..!!

Modem is neede to surf the internet...

But as R220 dosent have a modem it is impossible to Connect to internet using that phone...

UPGRADE...!!!!

(Airtel GPRS is cheapest )

get_biks

Broken In
slugger said:
Just the thread I was looking 4.
My folx own a pair of E98s. Whenever I attach their handsets 2 my computer 4 file transfer, they r dtected as USB Modems. So does it mean that if I get GPRS activated on their handsets, I would be able 2 set them up to be able to access the Internet from my Computer.
How is the speed offered by such a cconnection.
Service Provider : Airtel
Also if I connect both the handsets will I experiance an increase in speed of download/upload?

E398 is a vry good phone to surf internet... Lots of my friend uses it (Using Airtel)

It supports Class 10 GPRS, so the speed is good while comparing to BSNL Dial up...

The only problem is the Battery... so if ur using Data cable, then the limited time to surf the net depends on the Battery.. But if ur using Bluetooth The u Can surf as long as u want without any battery problem (Just put ur phone into charge while connecting to net)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey get a usb data cable wid the charging facility. mostly all of the usb data cables haf the charger thingy built. probably very very cables come widout it. so no need to worry about the battery drain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom