1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

USB2 problem .. help required.

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by shersaha, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shersaha

shersaha New Member

I could not use usb2 of my pc. It shows yellow in device manager. After loading driver for usb2 port again it shows yellow. trouble shoting shows there is no enough information in your BIOS for this port. upgrade your BIOS. I am using mercury motherboard. particulars are given below:

Bios type : Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PGBios date : 03/10/04
    Bios id : 03/10/2004-845GL-W83627F-6A69VE1CC-00
    OEM sign on : PI845GLM-Lsuper I/O : Winbond 627F/HF rev 7 found at port 2Eh
    chipset :Intel 2560 rev 3

I could not find Bios update file in mercury website. any one plsease help what the actual problem ..

2. Huzefa

Huzefa New Member

3. Huzefa

Huzefa New Member

I 4got to mention U can also easily check if your PC supports USB,

Just Right-click the My Computer icon and select Manage. Click the Device Manager icon. Then click the plus sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers. If Universal Serial Bus Controllers is not listed, there is a problem with the USB controller or the USB controller is not enabled in the computer's BIOS. If Enhanced Host Controller and/or USB 2.0 Root Hub Device is listed, then the computer has USB 2.0 ports, OR If Universal Host Controller and/or Open Host Controller is listed, then the computer has USB 1.1 ports . U can buy a card to upgrade to USB 2.0 If u have USB 1.0 / 1.1

4. Stack DumPP

Stack DumPP New Member

hey dude, whr do u get these cards?? are these pci cards??i have an old puter at home .. wanna use an external hdd on it.. zats y..

5. rajesh

rajesh New Member

I too had an older comp. I had the same problem. I got the PCI to USB add-on card to use the USB ports. See if this is what u face.

6. janitha

janitha New Member

In my case it is only "Standard USB Controller" and "USB Root Hub Device" in the Device Manager. And I am using A8N-E which supports upto 10 USB 2.0 devices and all latest drivers have been installed. Then why? Of course the USB ports are working.

V.Prem Kumar

7. Huzefa

Huzefa New Member

why what ?

8. janitha

janitha New Member

It seems you did'nt read the quote and my post carefully. I thought I am clear. If not, I shall explain.

In short, as per your post, I am having SATA I, while I am expected to be having SATA II. And that is the Why.

V.Prem Kumar

9. Techie_Geek

Techie_Geek New Member

well i cant get enough of the SATA analogy, though the USB 2.0 compatibility occurred once on my old PIII with ASUS mobo, it was just the wrong drivers were overwritten, so I did a full format and recovered.

In your case, it's a mobo prblem, so PCI to USB add-on card mite work for u

10. janitha

janitha New Member

Definitely it is not a mobo problem since everybody knows that A8N-E supports USB 2.0. But as you mentioned it might be the drivers which I am going to check.
    BTW will sombody tell me how to find exactly wehther it is working as 1 or 2?

V.Prem Kumar

11. Huzefa

Huzefa New Member

Since USB 2 came out in 2002 , Don't all PC's sold after 2002 automatically have USB 2 ? I bought my second PC in July - 2004 , So it should have usb 2 , right ?

12. janitha

janitha New Member

How can you be sure? Eventhough it was bought in July -04, it can/may be an older model. So I think the best way will be to check the MB manufacturer's website for specifications of the particular model.

V.prem Kumar

13. mediator

mediator New Member

U have install usb drivers that came with ur motherboard CD! And then usb drivers for usb device like usb digital camera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.