USB Ports Not Working After Win Xp Sp2 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentinel

Right off the assembly line
Ever since I updated Win Xp to SP2 my USB devices are not working in Win. All other devices - sound card, graphic card, modem are okay. I tested the USB mouse and pen drive on other m/cs..they work fine. Also they work in DOS mode on my machine but stop functioning in Windows.

I installed the SP2 from Sep 04 Digit DVD. Prior to updating, the devices used to work fine in Win XP. Never considered upgrading until now since a new software I installed demands Win XP SP2.

Please help.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
If you have USB 1.1 or USB 1.0 Win XP SP2 installs USB 2.0 driver which cause USB 2.0 devices not works properly.

So open Device Manager (Control Panel->System->Hardware tab->Device Manager).
In the list of devices go to suboptions of "Universal Serial Bus Controller" and find any suboption which includes "Enhanced" word.
Right click on it and select disable option.
Then connect your pen drive. It will work.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
run an Autoupdate as there are tons of Update has been released after auto-update

and u forgot to mention the Mother board, as according to MS, *support.microsoft.com/kb/870893, for some reason the USB device is asking for more power which the motherboard isnt capable enough to deliver :(

also, follow this to update the drivers, *support.microsoft.com/kb/873169 and update ur Motherboard drivers too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom