USB pen drive review( I bought it saturday from SProad Blr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
:) After a week’s hard work I woke up 7:30 am on saturday . Thinking about my future….who knows maybe only few days more in my present company . So ? I have to back up and I need a pen-drive !

4 hours later I found myself on the very crowded street at SP road . This is saturday so some techies are here with there ‘problems’ and other with their upgrade mania .
1st shop : -usb pen drive hai ?
– hai transcend ka. Kitna MB ?
-Rs 1200
-ok and 512 ?
-Rs 1800

The very next shop said 512mb transcend @ 1700( JETFLASH 110) . Then again some said between 1700-1800 .

I checked about 12 shops ….least price for 512MB transend is 1700 . Highest price I heard is Rs 1900 . Most shops have only transend and no other bands . So I went into a less-crowded
Shop who said Rs 1700 . I said I can give you 1650 not more than that .
Sorry boss nahi ho sakta ….he said 5 minutes why it cannot come at Rs 1650 . So I said ok at last . I gave him Rs 1700 but said I am very thirsty …so give back something so I can drink a coke at least .he agreed .

It comes with a manual , a very cute little driver cd ( only win98 needs driver ) and few pages of other product ads and a very useful pc-to-driverdrive-wire .

When I broke the plastic and got the pendrive at hand …it is no weightless that I thought there is nothing inside it ….Anyway I put it into the USB drive . It took exactly 1 min to uplad a file of 500MB . Good-good good .So it has something inside it . 500 mb in this drive ??!!

Anyway 2 gb drive is also comes with same weight ( all 11 gram) .

It is working fine all the way as it should be . Thanks ….never again to floopy .

But I see it is NOT 512 mb ….but less than that . I don’t know why . May be manufacturer’s error and I paid the price for 512 but it is actually around 500 . So I have lost around 12 mb .

Another thing very annoying is the driver in out switch( as they make it a sliding USB). It is not very rigid so while I am trying to plug it at my motherboard it is going inside .

+ very handy
+ data transfar speed is good

– not total 512 mb
– the in-out switch is soft this sliding USB concept is really bad .

NOW WHATS UR OPINION :?: :roll:

goobimama

 Macboy
I think the reason you are seeing 500 MB is because they could in 1 KB=1000 bytes or something like that. Its the same with HDD where you buy an 80 GB but get just 76GB...

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
:lol: ya goobimama i think u r right ( but not sure) .after watching some other threads I have the same thought now . Previously I thought it is my pen-drive's problem . it has exactly 512000000 bytes but if they r following 1000b=1kb then we cannot do anything... they should follow 1024 :twisted:

blacklight

Journeyman
hey ! me havin a imation swivel drive 512 mb...and im getting only 489mb to b exact !!! why this difference of 11 mb ?? they did get their math right ...didn't they ??? :!: :?:

aadipa

Padawan
I have Transcend 1GB USB2.0 drive which is 997MB. Got it for Rs 3950. Works gr8.

Once I put it in fault port. And drive died, sent it back to shop and got replaced in just 2 days.

rajas

In the zone
I got my Transcend 1GB drive for 2800/-(Hyderabad Price). 2 weeks now.

990 MB usable. no issues. works wonderful.

I've been using the slide thing from 1 year now. earlier had a BenQ 128MB b4 I lost it in my office. Never had an issue.

godsownman

Padawan
Hey I notice that Rajas and aadipa both your prices are different. Why is this so ?

Is the product same I feel there is a difference.

Regards

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
:p actually transcend have 3 different categories of pen-drive . U can see those at booklet or website . the Jetflash kind is the cheapest and mostly available .

anyway it is serving well . no issues .

Dipen01

Youngling
My Transcend 256 shows only 249 and in some machines it gets down to 242... how come different cut-offs

rajas

In the zone
godsownman said:
Hey I notice that Rajas and aadipa both your prices are different. Why is this so ?

Is the product same I feel there is a difference.

Regards

just B'coz of the locataion. I'm in Hyd..he in other place.
No difference
Transcend 1GB -usable 998MB, RED color, 2 bands(Neck, hand), Drivers CD, warranty card, some docs with AD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom