USB Keyboard and USB Mouse - Can't use USB Hub ?

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by din, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. din

din Tribal Boy

I bought a USB Hub as I am havin only 2 USB ports in my lappy. I was tryin to connect USB Keyboard and USB mouse to the hub but it does not work . I can plug in either keyboard or mouse but not both at a time. When I connect the second device, Windows says USB device not recognized. Is it coz

1. Both need power and the power from USB hub is inadequate for workin both (USB Keyboard and USB mouse) simultaneously ?

2. Both r input devices and windows (I tried in XP) will not regognize 2 input devices connected to a USB hub ?

3. Is there anything like an external powered USB hub and will that solve my problem ?

Also tried bluetooth dongle + Mouse combination in the USB hub but dongle didn't work at all

Tried USB flash drive and mouse, only 1 works at a time.

Anyway to make the USB hub work for both at a time ? Sorry if it sound like a dummy qn, I am not good in USB things .

On a different Note : Have a look !! LOL

Last edited: Aug 26, 2006
  2. OP
    OP
    din

din Tribal Boy

Nevermind

Went to the shop, returned the hub ( that was Rs 125) and bought one power hub instead (D Link). XP detected it as a USB Root Hub and everything works perfectly now. Cost - Rs.850. Tried connecting 4 devices (USB mouse, USB Keyboard, Bluetooth dongle and Thumb drive) and it all worked correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  3. the.kaushik

the.kaushik œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

or else the low price one may be having a power inut place to give power.. i bought one at 150 of intex and its working fine and has place for external input of current

4. nikhil ramteke

nikhil ramteke s,b+..u cn..

it depends on the quality of the hub u r using..........try for better one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.