usb device not recognized during hotplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey folks..i messed up wid some settings....and now the usb real time polling has stopped.....if i wanna connect any usb device i hav to do it before windows loads (or resumes from hibernation)....while windows xp sp2 is running if i plug in a usb device (mouse or thumb drive) it is not recignised. reinstalling over doesnt help. i dun wanna format and reinstall everything again.

please help.............

mohit

The Hardware Labs
seems like a driver problem to me ... and ya u have both usb 1.1 and 2.0 connectors so in your bios what speed is the usb running at ? hi-speed or full speed ? hi-speed is around 480 mbps and in for usb 2.0 but if u are using this option then usb 1.1 devices wont work... check this out.

also try installing all the usb drivers again. uninstall them one by one from device manager and install again (xp will install them automatically).

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well...there aint a setting for usb high speed or full speed simply coz usb 1.1 works at 12mpbs and 2.0 at 480mbps depending on the device and the port to which it is connected to. i'll try reinstalling the device drivers and get back..

thanx for the reply...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom