running WinXp

winamp and windows media player doesnt play dat files

tried many others too but the same problem persists

HELP ME

THANKS IN ADVANCE

JOHNY

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Is this one specific file or .dat files in general ? If it is the former then your media might be corrupt (the CD from which you copied the file) Do you get any errors when you try to play the dat file ? If so could you furnish some details ? Also try VLC player and check if it works mate.

anomit

In the zone
Either the media might be corrupt or something is wrong with the CD-ROM Drive itself. Try a lens cleaning CD or dump it if its too old. ;)

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
winamp anyways doesnt play .dat files ....
its quite weird .. but if you rename to same file to a .mpg ( or .mpeg ), then it runs peacefully.

-----
alibi

Charley

Just Do It
johny_4board said:
running WinXp

winamp and windows media player doesnt play dat files

tried many others too but the same problem persists

have u used Jiao Mpeg Player. I've been using it for many years now

It even reads scratched cd without hassles.

Otherwise then ur CD is damaged.

Does this occur on all CD's ?[/b]

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
I had similar troubles but then I was unable to view any kind of video, be it dat avi mpg etc....It became normal only after reinstalling DirectX.
I am not sure whether your trouble is related to DirectX though.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bro ur talkin about a Single File or any Dat File??? coz normally Dat Files are Ment to be RAW Data Files used by programms..thus make sure that the Dat file ur trying to play is a movie File.....second as told by whoopy_whale
it can be a problem of DirectX also so guess switch to DX9.0c ...also D/l VLC Media player ...last time i Checked it can Run any File Format Except Quicktime/Real Media .. ;) ...BTW what is the Exact Error you get ??? Unknown File format etc ??? also where is the File On CD/Hdd ????? coz if its on CD then may b the CD is damaged etc......plz reply with the ans to questions ..so that we can look forward to it....;)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
for playing real media get the Klite codec pack which comes with Media Player classic. It will paly real media files.

OP
J

johny_4board

Broken In
thnks a lot guys

but here is wott i found out

i got Direct X 9.0c, VLC media player, JIAO player, Winamp5.09, KLITE codec pack n every other thing u all suggested but nothinf wurks thts Y i poasted it here bro n it occurs in every CD
anyways wott i found out, it was a codec error of which i had not found answer on whole internet and 100 of forums, u all give it a try

C00D1199 error in windows media player

i searched a lot but found no fix for this

all replies appreciated though

johny

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
it simply means that you dont have the codec required to play that file.
seems like its not normal dat file ..
use GSpot or AVICodec to see what video and audio codec is used in the file .. and install it

-----
alibi

saROMan

QA Juggler
Error C00D1199 or Unsupported Format means little to nothing in terms of a single fix and doesn't always really mean that you are trying to play an unsupported format....hmm strange Dat file you have...i guess its been encoded with either Divx/Xvid codec....plz d/l the Softs suggested by alib_i..gspot will tell you the codec Name ...so search for it..n install it to play your movie..:)

Charley

Just Do It
johny_4board said:
thnks a lot guys

but here is wott i found out

i got Direct X 9.0c, VLC media player, JIAO player, Winamp5.09, KLITE codec pack n every other thing u all suggested but nothinf wurks thts Y i poasted it here bro n it occurs in every CD
anyways wott i found out, it was a codec error of which i had not found answer on whole internet and 100 of forums, u all give it a try

C00D1199 error in windows media player

i searched a lot but found no fix for this

all replies appreciated though

johny

Right then, reinstall/d/ the klite codec again and check in GSpot whether the files that u wanna play are detected by GSpot. If it is detected , the u donot have a prob to play it.

expertno.1

Technomancer
1) u r getting error in only one dat file ie selected one or others also the same ?

if same ..problem with the codec,player,windows system files

if not then dat file is corrupt

try jet audio plus...also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom