Urgent: Should I Replace my DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I purchased a LiTeon DVD writer last week from Lamington Road in Mumbai. This writer does not have DVD-RAM and writing on DVD+R DL media support. In comparison Sony DRU820A has these support but is expensive. I purchased my one for 1950 Should i go for a replacement with sony. There are no other LITEON writers available in the market.
I have still not used the writer.
Will the shop keeper replace my last week purchased writer with Sony DRU820A ?
Please suggest ASAP as i need to visit the shop tomorrow ie saturday 11th Nov

Kniwor

Learner
though it is highly unlikely that u will need u write on either a dual-layer media or a DVD RAM, because both are extremely expensive, and hence i would not suggest u any replacement

but if u are using it in some office or something, you should get it changed because there might be a chance sometime that u need the DVD-RAM support, however unlikely

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
do u get the "dvd ram" dvds in the market, its expensive too i heard.
@rak007
u sud have a drive with dual layer support, he dvds are already there and very soon it will be cheaply available.
i use a sony dru820A and its very good. pin drop silent.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
But i am apprehensive whether the shop keeper will change it or not :( It can write DVD-R DL by not DVD+R DL. Is it a big deal. Also for DVD-R the max speed is 8X as against 16X in Sony

Kniwor

Learner
i seriously dont think that a dual layer is going to be cheaper than a double layer or two single layer disks anytime soon, so i wouldn't worry much, but the speed is a matter of question, and it's up to u to decide, and as far as the shopkeeper is concerned, he should have no prob changing it, if it's only a few days, bills can be canceleed for all i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom