Urgent!!! Need to recover data from Hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I am not sure whether this problem should be posted in this section or the hardware section, move this if it should...

Recently, I was reported by the OS(XP) that my hard disk has bad sectors. so, I got worried and as I got this dec issue UBCD, I wanted to try it. I used "Salvation scan and repair tool (In hard disk tools)" and scanned the HDD. I got the report about a bad sector at 0% and others followed in other areas(summing to 9). So, I conducted a repair (hoping that it would only repair and not rewrite the data. I did not observe the message). A progress bar went all the way to the end and repaired the whole HDD with no bad sectors now. But the problem was that I lost all the data on my HDD. I had some important photos which i forgot to backup. I tried the other data recovery tools with the cd (Active partition recovery and Check/Undelete) which reported that they would recover data from even a formatted and reused partition. But even with deeper searches, I did not get to recover my data. Please, any one help me with recovering the data as the photos are so important to me and i cannot lose them this easy. I would be so thankful.

I didnt repartition the harddisk or format it till now. It is as is since I used the salvation tool except scans done with other tools.

Thanx in advance........

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
:arrow: Download Freeware:PCI FILE RECOVERY TOOL

• Finds partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged

• Recovers files with the original time and date stamp

• Supports the saving of recovered files on network drives

• Recovers files, even when a header entry is no longer available. Competition products cannot recover such files. The "Special Recovery Function" supports the following disk formats:
ARJ AVI BMP CDR DOC DXF DBF XLS
EXE GIF HLP HTML HTM JPG LZH MID
MOV MP3 PDF PNG RTF TAR TIF WAV
ZIP

More Info: click here

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
you can also try this==> Smart NTFS Recovery - freeware 800kb download.

it pretty good s/w, as i've used it to recover Photos (which after XP re-install got deleted(formatted HDD)).

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi guyz..

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded and used the 'PCI Recovery tool' and 'Smart NTFS Recovery' tools. but after a scan of nearly 2 hours of my 80 GB Hard disk, it recovered nothing. Please refer to the info below and send your answers. I think I need to emphasize on what happened actually.

I think my problem was that, I didnot format the hard disk before (when I lost the data). I used the 'Salvation HDD Scan and Recovery tool' given with UBCD and when I scanned the HDD, it gave some errors in sectors. Then I went with the 'Recover' option. I thought that the tool would just clean only the defective sectors and I could retrieve the data from other sectors. But, what happened was that(I think), the hard disk was returned to the initial stage. I think that what happened was some sort of DM kind of action. So, after the process, I restarted and was reported 'NO BOOT DISK FOUND. INSERT BOOT DISK AND PRESS ANY KEY.'
I thought that the MBR was over written (I found a bad sector in 0% position). I fixed MBR and that was of no use. I then used some other tools in the UBCD and found nothing to recover. When I connected my HDD to a friends pc, i just found an Unallocated space.
I just gave this exhaustive explaination because, it might be helpful to u to give me a better suggestion. I am sorry if I bothered u so much. But I am in need of Help.
Now, did I loose my data forever?? as I didn't lose it because of formatting but by repairing? I did scanning with both the tools I mentioned above and the output was nothing.

I stongly believe that I will be rescued by my DIGIT friends.

Thanx in advance......

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Firstly when ur trying to recover data do not 'EVER' recover to same HDD...use another one...else if teh data on 1st hdd ..if any will get overwritten and u will get nothing......
Now u say u have doen repairing task...
DO one think ...get stellar pheonix demo version from its site...use it to scan the HDD for any data available....
If any it will tell u...
Now u know then next what u haev to do ;)

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi Wizrulz..

I was doing the same. I am connecting my hard disk as a slave to my friend's system and trying this process. so that i could backup my data to that hdd. I have'nt tried the stellar phoenix. Today, I shall try it and report tomorrow..

Wish me good luck..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Hey try to get "Recover my files" software.

I recovered 96% data after i accidentally deleted all the partitions on my HDD and even did a quick format. Its best recovering software. But it is not free.

First try the option quick format recover and see if u can make out.
Then go fo deep format recover.

OP
Kalyan

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi Guyz..

I tried these tools..

- Handy Recovery
- NTFS Recovery
- PCI File Recovery
- Stellar Phoenix FAT and NTFS Recovery
- Recover My Files
- R-Studio V3.0

along with the tools provided in the Ultimate Boot CD.

But all were of no use. I actually neither performed a quick or full format nor deleted the partition. I used the Salvation HDD Scan and Recovery tool given with the Ultimate Boot CD of DIGIT and repaired my HDD. It erased all my data. This tool was also mentioned in the DIGIT Dec 2007 issue also. Please if anyone knows what that tool actually meant by 'repair' and if that data lost due to this 'repair' could be recovered, help me out.

I personally suppose that my data was lost as I didnt do a format or delete the partition tables. (This is just my idea but if there is a way out, please HELP!!!).

Thanks in advance to all.. and an advanced MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF U AND UR FRIENDS(Including me) ...

digiFriend

In the zone
repairing harddisk for removing bad sectors resets all the basic harddisk information how computer see cluster and sectors. the bad sector data is hidden from computer, so it will not able to use that sector in future. that way computer reports no bad sector.
(even new harddisk has extra capacity,manufacture perform this task to hide any bad sector, and show only intendended capacity).
if your fail to recover data yourself - give your hard to proffesional data recovery people. they will first check the harddisk and say if data is recoverable or not and their charges along with if it is recoverable. ( just ask to recover jpg files and you can really bargain their charges)

manisha

Right off the assembly line
this link give you all you want. It is fentastic.

*homepage.ntlworld.com/hiren.thanki/bootcd.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom