Urgent Help requested error-16bit windows subsystem of WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
Hey ppl,
I'm using WinXP , just today the system is refusing to start any MS-DOS applications. It just gives a error in a message window with the title as ' 16 bit windows subsystem ' and the exact error message within the window is as follows
' C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application ' The choices it gives are close or ignore , both of which when selected just return back to the system.
Everything else works fine, ie all the windows applications work fine , but none of the applications which run on MS-DOS like TALLY 5.4 etc... work and give this same error message .

Hope u guys can help !!

My e-mail address is huzefamr@gmail.com

Thanks
Huzefa.

anna_don

Broken In
I'm not very sure about this, but it wont hurt to try it I guess.
I had the same problem sometime ago and I read the fix for it somewhere, I dont remember where though.

Go to C:\Windows\repair
Copy the autoexec.nt and config.nt files
Paste them in the C:\Windows\system32 folder

that should do the trick. It worked only temporarily for me though.

lemme know if that helped.

D

Deleted member 5901

Just Re-install xp as an upgrade and everything will be FINE !!!

AND THERE WILL B NO HARM DONE !!!!

CHeers !!!!

anomit

In the zone
anna_don said:
I'm not very sure about this, but it wont hurt to try it I guess.
I had the same problem sometime ago and I read the fix for it somewhere, I dont remember where though.

Go to C:\Windows\repair
Copy the autoexec.nt and config.nt files
Paste them in the C:\Windows\system32 folder

that should do the trick. It worked only temporarily for me though.

lemme know if that helped.

Rather using the repair directiry, if u have the Win XP CD try out what I said at this topic: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21280

OP
H

Huzefa

Journeyman
thanx anna_don

\Worked fine and the ms-dos subsystem is up and running fine. DO you know how this problem was caused in the first place >>> ??

Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom