urgent help.... No copy Paste....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well from past 2 days i, few of my friends, & also a friend who run a cybercafe facing a copy paste problem..... we r using win98 SE or winXP SP2 pro....

the problem is we cant copy or paste text to (or from) any programs... this includes copying text from web page (FF, IE, NS, Op), also from MS word or from note pad....

we have tryed NIS05 with all the update, KAV5.0 perpro with all the update... but they r not detecting any virus... this is happening to both the OS (win98 SE & winXP SP2)...... but copying file r working... this copy paste problem is only with texts......

what is couseing this problem?? :cry: :cry: :cry:

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
hmm... select any text and copy then in Run type clipbrd ... this is windows clipboard viewerdoes clipboard shows the text u copied ???

+ check ur ystem for any Spyware...
+Post a HijackThis Log File...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
+ check ur ystem for any Spyware...

NIS 05.... spyboot.... KAV5.0.... came up with nothing.... can any one suggets any better scaner..

hmm... select any text and copy then in Run type clipbrd ... this is windows clipboard viewerdoes clipboard shows the text u copied ???

well well well.... one thing is for true.... as soon as i DC from internet copy paste started.... but at the time staing online clipboard says "ClipBook Viewer cannot display the information in its current format. To view the information, try pasting it into a
document."

G

gxsaurav

seems like some of your system files are gone wrong, revart the accebility settings to default & scan for system file curroption, whats was the commnad...., dam don't remember

something like, sfc \scannow

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
eems like some of your system files are gone wrong, revart the accebility settings to default & scan for system file curroption, whats was the commnad...., dam don't remember

with all of us.... in both the OSes?? may be..... let me try that....

g_sasan

Right off the assembly line
this problem is due to one of the reason

1. RAM not sufficient , may be virus consuming max of it

2. Ur clipboard is struck with some data , go to clipboard viewr and clear the clipboard

3. and the important one for XP is go to services tab in control panel \administrative tools and enable clipbook service and related copy paste and shraring services , and restart the system the copy paste will work

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
seems like some of your system files are gone wrong, revart the accebility settings to default & scan for system file curroption, whats was the commnad...., dam don't remember

ya the command is sfc /scannow

& i tryed it on my & others (who r facing this problem)... my system scan came up fine though few of my friends who had loghorn tranceformation pack installed had few system file missing..... but there wasnt any major file missing in all of our system.... & i dont know whats the command is for win98se... so i want able try it on win98se.....

@G_SCAN

1. RAM not sufficient , may be virus consuming max of it
i have 512MD DDR400.... & for virus issue i mentioned earlyer that fully updated NIS05, KAV5.0, spyboot came up with nothing.... ya if there is a virus that not yet been discover by any of the AVSes then may be this is a virus curroptions...... but u know task manager shows free ram of 100+ MB
*img226.echo.cx/img226/3088/14it1.jpg

2. Ur clipboard is struck with some data , go to clipboard viewr and clear the clipboard
what about reboot?? ya i have tryed that too....

3. and the important one for XP is go to services tab in control panel \administrative tools and enable clipbook service and related copy paste and shraring services , and restart the system the copy paste will work
yaar clipbook service doesnt have any direct option to "enable" it...... *img164.echo.cx/img164/139/022xi.jpg & when i click start this massage pops up... *img164.echo.cx/img164/4746/018pw.jpg.....

yes u may be right by nature its looks to me virus as
one thing is for true.... as soon as i DC from internet copy paste started....
is only happens when we surf the net on stay connected to the net.... we r trying very hard to narrow it down to the last program... i mean which progarm, if runs the problem starts (like the history of the web pages, downloaded files...) (tell me any guide to narrow it donw..).... till now no such luck for us.. we still dont know what is cousing this problem..... one of my friend got fastreted & formated his os drive & reinstall his OS (winXP SP2)... but 2-3 hrs latter his system got curroptd again...

so the problem still honting us........

ohh... another thing tell me how to post my

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yes... @swatkat told me how to post my HijackThis Log File... so i am posting it....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:08:34 PM, on 5/1/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kavmm.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
E:\winxp\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\Services\SERVIC~1.EXE
E:\winxp\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
E:\winxp\Program Files\Online Meter\Online Meter.exe
E:\WINXP\PROGRA~1\DAP\DAP.EXE
E:\WinXP\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
E:\winxp\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\taskswitch.exe
E:\winxp\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kav.exe
D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
D:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
E:\winxp\Program Files\Bandwidth Monitor Pro\Bandwidth Monitor Pro.exe
E:\winXP\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\bin\msnlAdmin.exe
e:\winxp\PROGRA~1\Webshots\webshots.scr
E:\WinXP\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
D:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
D:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopCrawl.exe
D:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOE.exe
D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\bin\msnindex.exe
D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\bin\MSNGather.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Saurav\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = *www.click2freemoney.com/scripts/runner.php?SP=8ef3ee83cheeta
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
N2 - Netscape 6: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "about:blank"); (D:\Documents and Settings\Saurav\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\p9ad12l4.slt\prefs.js)
N2 - Netscape 6: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://e%3A%5Cwinxp%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%206%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (D:\Documents and Settings\Saurav\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\p9ad12l4.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - E:\winxp\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - e:\winXP\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Desktop Search Capture - {7c1ce531-09e9-4fc5-9803-1c2956615786} - D:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIE.dll
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] E:\winxp\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] D:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneCDElbyCDFL] "D:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\ElbyCheck.exe" /L ElbyCDFL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DataLayer] D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] E:\winxp\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Online Meter] "E:\winxp\Program Files\Online Meter\Online Meter.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadAccelerator] E:\WINXP\PROGRA~1\DAP\DAP.EXE /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "E:\WinXP\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] e:\winxp\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CoolSwitch] D:\WINDOWS\system32\taskswitch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PowerMenu] "%systemroot%\system32\powermenu.exe" -hideself on
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "E:\winxp\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] D:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAV50] "D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kav.exe" -run -n PersonalPro -v 5.0.0.0
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "D:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Bandwidth Monitor Pro] "E:\winxp\Program Files\Bandwidth Monitor Pro\Bandwidth Monitor Pro.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] e:\winXP\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RamBooster] E:\winXP\Program Files\RamBooster\Rambooster.exe
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = E:\winXP\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = E:\winXP\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MSN Desktop Search.lnk = D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\DS\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\bin\msnlAdmin.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - E:\WINXP\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &MSN Search - res://D:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar Suite\TB\02.00.0000.1180\en-us\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - E:\WINXP\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\winxp\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\WINDOWS\system32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - E:\winxp\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @D:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @D:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - *go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {D1E7CBDA-E60E-4970-A01C-37301EF7BF98} (Measurement Service Client v.3.4) - *ccon.futuremark.com/global/msc34.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: KLBLMain - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kavmm.exe" -run bl -n PersonalPro -v 5.0.0.0 -ttsr 10000000 (file missing)
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - D:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

swatkat

Technomancer
Go to Start> Run and type services.msc and press ENTER. Here navigate to ClipBook Service, and then change the StartUp Type to Automatic. Restart your PC. Then check wth Copy-Paste.

Run HijackThis, and click "Do only a system scan". Then put a checkmark infront the below listed entry:
Then close all other programs, and click "Fix" in HijackThis.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
swatkat thnx for the reply....

Go to Start> Run and type services.msc and press ENTER. Here navigate to ClipBook Service, and then change the StartUp Type to Automatic. Restart your PC. Then check wth Copy-Paste.

well i did it once earlyer... but as u aksd me so i did it again... no efect... problem is still there......

Run HijackThis, and click "Do only a system scan". Then put a checkmark infront the below listed entry:
Then close all other programs, and click "Fix" in HijackThis.

yaar MS antispyware beta1 isnt allowing me to do it... but still i went for it by shuting down the real time protection..... but still no efect....

one other thing i do like to share....

as i wrote earlyer....

we r trying very hard to narrow it down to the last program... i mean which progarm, if runs the problem starts (like the history of the web pages, downloaded files...) (tell me any guide to narrow it donw..).... till now no such luck for us.. we still dont know what is cousing this problem.....

so i came up with one web site.... this site might be the clue... i'm not sure.... i found this site on the history of all the problemd system.... this site isnt opening in any open source brouser.... it aks for only IE.... pls cheak this site out... www.ejobs4all.com tell me is there realy some thing to do with this site.....

swatkat

Technomancer
To remove History, Favorites etc, you can use CleanUp!. Install it, and click "Options", here move the slider to "Thorough CleannUp!" and then click OK. Then in the main window, click "Start CleanUp!". Reboot the System.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
To remove History, Favorites etc, you can use CleanUp!. Install it, and click "Options", here move the slider to "Thorough CleannUp!" and then click OK. Then in the main window, click "Start CleanUp!". Reboot the System.

i know... but what i mean to say is that the site (www.ejobs4all.com) might contain the bug or virus what ever... thats why i asked u guyes to cheak it out.... whether realy this site is the calprit.... pls tell me any one had any problem after opening the site??

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
as soon as i opened the site
1. in mozilla firefox... a msg was displayed again and again
*img41.echo.cx/img41/6335/dbox8px.png
2. in IE6... the page opened perfectly but the clipboard function was disabled. when i closed the IE "this prog has performed an illegal operation....." msg came and then "IE has incountered a serious error and will shutdown" sort of msg, then all the IE windows closed....but after restarting, IE was working again and also clipboard.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
2. in IE6... the page opened perfectly but the clipboard function was disabled. when i closed the IE "this prog has performed an illegal operation....." msg came and then "IE has incountered a serious error and will shutdown" sort of msg, then all the IE windows closed....but after restarting, IE was working again and also clipboard.

can u tell me how to restart the clpbrd service???

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
btw how does the site get the permision in the 1st place to block the clpbrd service??? inspite of having a firewall (ZAP).... does it runs any 3rd party program or any activeX controler??

but i just dont understant if this site is realy doing what u r facing then how the hell they can stop a clints clpbrd service???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom