Urgent Help Needed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
Pentium IV 2.4Ghz, PC3200 DDR 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP Card... Samsung Combo Drive, Windows XP Pro SP2. AVG AntiVirus Free Edition.

PC keeps hanging!
It happens almost all the time - I have upgraded and replaced the HDD, RAM, AGP Card, IDE cables.
What possibly could be the problem.

The Problem seems to arise when I try to run a Game (Championship manager 05, etc)

I need urgent help with this matter

PS: SMPS is 350W max ( Is it the inadequacy of this SMPS )

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Checking SMPS:

Visit this site and check how much power your PC needs. If your SMPS doesn't meet the requirements, then replace it.

*www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Check for high temperatures:

Download MBM 5 from *mbm.livewiredev.com/
Using this program, monitor the temperature of your processor, graphics card, motherboard etc. If it is too high (above 65C), then then I suggest you take the PC to your dealer and ask him to attach a high quality fan or heatsink on the hot component and replace the thermal paste on the processor if it is too hot.

OP

Journeyman
I hv checked the power req. for my PC & it shows adequate. And I do not have a heat up prob.

OP

Journeyman
I hv replaced the Hard Drive -
I hv replaced the IDE cables-
I hv updated BIOS - re-installed WINDOWS XP Freshly.

Still the prob persists!!!!

Nimda

l33t n00b!
144 said:
I hv checked the power req. for my PC & it shows adequate. And I do not have a heat up prob.
Well, the site tells you the bare minimum wattage required for proper functioning of your PC components. Apart from wattage, it's essential to pay heed to the amperage requirements also.

I still suspect the problem is due to the SMPS. Check out my post in this thread for more info on buying a good SMPS..

OP

Journeyman
I have solved the problem. The solution was replacing the motherboard.
I did try upgrading the SMPS, with failure again, opted to the last resort...
Anyway, thank you all for your contribution and loads of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom