urgent-difference between digicamera and handycam

Status
Not open for further replies.

viruses

Journeyman
hey guys next week i am travelling to UK i want to buy a camera.which is the best deal to go i have the digit issue but it makes very little sense to me.
can one capture video using a camera or can one capture photos using a camrecorder?

whay should i go for???????

dd_wingrider

In the zone
yes u can capture both photos and video with a camcorder as well as digi cam,
digi cams are easy to handle n compact, so u can easily in pocket and go aroun whereas camcorders are bit bulky.
So my advice will be good digi cam which has a capibility to record hd videos as well, my friend recently bought it(sony). Its awesome:)

OP
V

viruses

Journeyman
please give me further information as i would be leaving to uk soon and want to buy one tomorrow.price,model,place.etc

dd_wingrider

In the zone
model no is dsctT20, it is 8.2mpx and he bought it online from indiatimes shopping for 13k which included a 2gb card and carrying case

OP
V

viruses

Journeyman
thanks a lot.love you friend

keep coming up with more guys so that i get the right and best deal

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Camcoder has da kind of sensor suited for videos. Its low on resolution nd low on still image quality nd the features offered for still may be too low. Even a 5MP avg quality cud outperform a high end camcoder in case of still images.

But camcoders are superb in case of videos. The video procesing of da sensor is much faster nd focusing is much better. But a digicam can't have such quality for videos.
If u want a camcoder, get a Sony HD Camcoder. Itll cost u a min of 40k
If u want a digicam, then get Canon A 710IS.
Its a 7.1MP cam with 6x optical zoom. It has got optical image stabllization nd superb picture quality. Do a search nd read da reviews of it to find its true potential.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aravind_n20 said:
Camcoder has da kind of sensor suited for videos. Its low on resolution nd low on still image quality nd the features offered for still may be too low. Even a 5MP avg quality cud outperform a high end camcoder in case of still images.

But camcoders are superb in case of videos. The video procesing of da sensor is much faster nd focusing is much better. But a digicam can't have such quality for videos.
If u want a camcoder, get a Sony HD Camcoder. Itll cost u a min of 40k
If u want a digicam, then get Canon A 710IS.
Its a 7.1MP cam with 6x optical zoom. It has got optical image stabllization nd superb picture quality. Do a search nd read da reviews of it to find its true potential.
Yup true for Cannon PS710IS ...its very good for still shots but for videos is hopeless

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
Digital Camera.. unless you have a cute newborn, of whom you wanna record every moment. Check this link for more ..

*anditworkedforme.com/blog/?p=10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom