Urgent ! CF stopped working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I have Amarnath repo.. I was reading some thread :eek:and inspired by them I switched on Desktop effects now all my CF effect are gone :confused: Plz tell me what to do now :( Its urgent! :rolleyes:

I heard that Travina is more stable :) can some 1 tell me hot to remove current Cf completely :)

faraaz

Evil Genius
You already had CF working and you disabled Trevino's repos just to install Amarnath repos?? I'm not able to understand your query correctly...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
follow this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66392
replace all 'install' wid 'remove' then comment the amarnath repos by prefixing a '#' in /etc/apt/sources.list.

add this repo to sources.list:
Code:
#travinos repos
deb [URL="*download.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb"]*download.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb[/URL] feisty eyecandy
deb-src [URL="*download.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb"]*download.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb[/URL] feisty eyecandy

to install compiz:
Code:
sudo apt-get install compiz  # compiz-gnome AND/OR compiz-kde

to install compizconfig:
Code:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager # compizconfig-backends-* ?!
to install compiz fusion plugins
Code:
sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-*

thats it :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Shashwat Pant said:
The Avaatar

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/image.php?u=11634&dateline=1187355986
Sorry for totally being off topic.
If i am not mistaken isnt that the Thunder Cats logo that you got as an avaatar.
Where and how the interest ?

faraaz

Evil Genius
Trevino's repos may be system hogging, but atleast they are trouble free and work properly...

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Thogh I won't say Amarnath has any problem. the only prob I have is after switching desktop effect :|

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey that has to be removed before installing CF.why wud u need desktop effect when you haf a CF wid a whole lotta plugins and an excellant configurator????

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^ I know that but installin d/loading again and again didn't make sense :p well I use Cf very less just for show off when my frnds come to my house :p and they say . .Ab to main apne naye comp. me Linux hi dalwaunga .. :lol:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
u dont have to download anything again, CF's deb package will be on ur ubuntu cache folder.

just remove(along with config files) and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom