Ups Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hari1986

Right off the assembly line
gUYS I bought a 500VA UPS a few months ago.Now the problem is whenever the voltage fluctuates the computer reboots !!!
Has anyone come across such a thing ?
My configration is Pentium 4 -1.8GHz,2 hdd one from seagate 160GB and Samsung 40GB,17'' CRT monitor,2 dvd writers.
And has anyone tried connecting the UPS to a voltage stabliser instead of directly to the mains ?I s that harmful to the PC OR THE UPS ?

slugger

Banned
hari1986 said:
gUYS I bought a 500VA UPS a few months ago.Now the problem is whenever the voltage fluctuates the computer reboots !!!

And has anyone tried connecting the UPS to a voltage stabliser instead of directly to the mains ?I s that harmful to the PC OR THE UPS ?

UPs mfg ALWAYS ask consumers 2 connect d UPS DIRECTLY to d mains and not thru other electrialc devices

and ya take it 2 d servvice center and get d problem fixed

u shud not b facin such a problem [defeats d whole purpose of usin a UPS ;)]

OP
H

hari1986

Right off the assembly line
hari1986 said:
My configration is Pentium 4 -1.8GHz,2 hdd one from seagate 160GB and Samsung 40GB,17'' CRT monitor,2 dvd writers.

Guys it is an APC 500VA UPS and they replaced me with another one.The replacement too has the same problem.So guess it is not the UPS fault !
Earlier I used a Wipro emerge UPS and it could take on the voltage fluctuations easily.When i contacted them they told that it is due to voltage problem.so that leaves 2 questions

either APC is not yet suitable for the type of voltage fluctuations in india

or wipro has some other way of dealing with this type of voltage !

ThinkFree

Technomancer
May be battery problem. Try switching off the power supply when computer is switched on and see if UPS is able to provide backup. If not , replace your battery.

slugger

Banned
hari1986 said:
Guys it is an APC 500VA UPS and they replaced me with another one.The replacement too has the same problem.So guess it is not the UPS fault !
Earlier I used a Wipro emerge UPS and it could take on the voltage fluctuations easily.When i contacted them they told that it is due to voltage problem.so that leaves 2 questions

either APC is not yet suitable for the type of voltage fluctuations in india

or wipro has some other way of dealing with this type of voltage !

AFAIK APCs 500VA UPS has 3 sockets in it

2 sockets - surge protection+battery backup

1 socket - only surge protection

d sockets r grouped together and seperated by a whit line on d UPS body

d CPu and monitor must b connected to the surge protection+battery backup sockets

i get a feelin dat u have attached d CPU plug to the surge protection only socket

check it out and c wat happens :)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Try connecting the monitor direct to the mains and the system to the UPS. Just try and see what happens.

slugger

Banned
janitha said:
Try connecting the monitor direct to the mains and the system to the UPS. Just try and see what happens.

:D:D LMAO :shock: :shock:
of wat GOD-dammed use is a UPS if u have 2 connect d monitor 2 d mains

his config is by no streach of imagination power-hungry enuf 2 not b able 2 b coped by d UPS

also d guy said dat he was given a full replacement 4 d old UPS so d UPS ought 2 b in full workin condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom