UPS Systems!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
I recently bought SU_KAM Home UPS system 800VA, meant for computers, but many people still recommend not to use computer when power goes off.
Is it true that Computer may be affected due to this?
Also i know that UPS I meant to gove uninteruupted power supply , i wonder wat might be the prblm for those people to say this
I had connected 3 fans 3 tubes and 1 computer to my UPS System
Plxz help
tnx in advance

legolas

Padawan
do u mean an inverter? if so, as far as i know, the reason for not connecting is that, for say a 40 W tube light, the total power required by the inverter is approximately the double, around 80 W. so its not recommended to use for such devices... thou the computer is not that power consuming, the monitor etc.. may take lots of power. so its generally not adviced to connect to TV, AC or such devices. if u get an inverter high enough, then i think u cud connect to ur comp too. i think my guess is right. if wrong, pls correct me. thk u.

/legolas

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear Friends,
I am using a high capacity UPS 800W output( Specially designed for computers as per manuals), so overload is not a problem.
Also i must admit sometime reboot is the problem, but i am using NTFS file system so its safe as far as recovery goes
What i wanted to know was whether running the computer on UPS affects the PC ( e.g hardware problems Like Motherboard damaged or HDD damaged or something like that).

selva1966

Journeyman
UPS are there so that we can work when there is no power supply

So there should not be any problem.

But make sure that you shut down your computer when UPS power supply is still available. i.e do not allow the system to crash.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
though i m not too sure about this but i think it is said so coz wen power goes UPS provides power which comes from battery which is Direct Current (DC) but our wen power is coming thru main power that is ur house power, the current is Alternating Current (AC), therefore it may cause harm to the system. Also TVs and other such equipments are therefore not adviced to run on inverters i.e. DC power supply.

Hope u undersood, i m really very bad at explaining

puja399

In the zone
shwetanshu said:
though i m not too sure about this but i think it is said so coz wen power goes UPS provides power which comes from battery which is Direct Current (DC) but our wen power is coming thru main power that is ur house power, the current is Alternating Current (AC), therefore it may cause harm to the system. Also TVs and other such equipments are therefore not adviced to run on inverters i.e. DC power supply.

Hope u undersood, i m really very bad at explaining

No, I didn't understand really!! Do ya mean to say that while UPS is on, the computer ( and also other devices, namely tubelight, TV, fan etc.etc. )runs on DC?? Thats a real funny idea.
As far as my little knowledge goes, the power source is indeed a storage battery that gives 12v DC power, but thats converted into AC, and that runs ur computer, and other devices. U can light a normal lightbulb with both AC and DC, but other than that all other devices, like TV, fan, and computer are either AC or DC and not both.

U can run your computer on inverter without any problem if its a digital inverter (MOSFET) and has the rated capacity.

legolas

Padawan
equipments r run on AC instead of DC, only for safety purposes and there is no restriction on using them...

/legolas

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman
U hit the Bull's eyes Puja399. Mosfets are used along some logic for continual power supply in case of failure.
My UPS supports Fuzzy logic for continous power supply,

For Dear friend shwetanshu,
UPS SYSTEMS While charging stores AC power into DC (Battery used for storing).
But Discharging involves Conversion of Stored DC into AC and then Giving it to the Resp Utilities.
BTW Does Computer Have Any DC INPUT like +ve or -ve Like we have it in Pencil cell for any other battery u consider.
Existing AC Wires with LIVE NEUTRAL AND EARTH IS USED FOR GIving Computer the back up it needs
Hope My Reply benefits u.

nikhil

Broken In
ups can be used for just about anything...invertor is vedy much similiar to a ups ...same ida same principle...but a slower switch over time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom