UPS reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aanand

Journeyman
I bought Numeric 600 plus, a 600 VA UPS four months back and i have rebooting problem with it. The UPS reboots now and then during power failures and power fluctuations. But it works uninterruptedly if I turn off the switch in the wall socket.
What could be the problem? Please help!

My System config: Cel 2.4, 512 MB RAM,2 HDDs- 160 GB Seagate, 8 GB Fujitsu, 2 DVD drives- LG DVD drive and Sony DVD RW, 17' LG flatron monitor.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I guess you battery is not saturated well. Run your computer only on battery till it gets switched off or goes to lobatery mode. then charge it again. do this atleast once a weeks for a month and then once or twice a month later. This will ensure that you will get the full range of the batery. I also used to hapen to me but this method eleminated it.

OP
A

Aanand

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion buddy. I will try it out.
I am concerned about the UPS overload due to 2 HDDs, 2 DVD drives and an extra cooling fan in the cabinet. Could it be a cause of concern?
But My PC works uninterruptedly if turn off the switch in the wall. So can i say that it is not overloaded by the PC?
Mine is an assembeled PC. A service personnel from the UPS company said that since it is an assembled PC, the SMPS could be problem for this kind of rebooting.
Anybody to diagnose this problem to solve it?
In the meantime I am going to try out the above method. I will inform the result soon.

vikasg03

Journeyman
Hy
i have also face exactly same problem for the last 1 month. when light sudden gone my ups won't work's but after that easily work for 20 min and if i manually switch off the power it shows no problem to give instant backup? i also try the above suggestion to discharge it fully and recharge it again but issue cannot be solve.
vikas

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I dont know if this is techincally correct. I used only one power outlet of the UPS which was connected to a spike buster and all the comp connections to the spike buster. then i comp used to reboot when ever power failed but didnt turn off. when i reconnected the cpu to ups and the monitor and other stuff to spike buster the problem was gone :shock:. tough i know much about elecronics and stuff (did my diploma in electronics ;) ) im still not able to understand this wierd thing.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. Have you connected a printer, or any thing that uses an adapter to the UPS? Just onnect the Monitor and CPU and then see..

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
charangk said:
I dont know if this is techincally correct. I used only one power outlet of the UPS which was connected to a spike buster and all the comp connections to the spike buster. then i comp used to reboot when ever power failed but didnt turn off. when i reconnected the cpu to ups and the monitor and other stuff to spike buster the problem was gone :shock:. tough i know much about elecronics and stuff (did my diploma in electronics ;) ) im still not able to understand this wierd thing.
I experienced a similar thing. My spike buster was faulty, they said. Also these occurrences were observed around the time when my UPS' battery was due to be replaced.

vikas: Either you have connected load that is larger than your UPS' specs or your UPS' battery is dying out. Try and replace the battery if you can.

ashfame

Padawan
hi guys,
i also suffer from ups prob.
My PC config. is 2.8Ghz, 256MB DDR RAM, 80 GB HDD 7200rpm, Samsung CD Writer, LG 17" monitor. My ups is 600 VA
The prob is that whenever light fluctuates or goes off, it trips & restarts comp and then provide so much low power that even the comp. can't boot.
Earlier it used to work fine on this ups, but then if i switch off the monitor and switch it on again, it will reboot.
Kindly suggest something.
Thanks in advance :roll:

OP
A

Aanand

Journeyman
I have now connected only the CPU to the UPS. The monitor is connected directly bypassing the UPS and now the UPS works without any problem. I think the 2 HDDs, 2 DVD drives with 17" monitor consume more power than the UPS can provide. But I am happy that atleast I can shut down safely though blindly with out the monitor, using the short cut keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom