UPS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I have a APC UPS 500. I got this two months back and already I have had to get it replaced twice. Heres what happened. The place I stay in nearby is a transformer. On both occassions the transformer burst and my comp just shut down. And on both occasions after the electricity was back and I started off the UPS it started burning inside !!! I have no idea as to why!!! I thought UPS's were there to protect the comp from precisely these sort of situations! Any ideas whats happenin guys ?

And when I say burnt one side of the pastic melted and I could see flames inside !!!!!

theraven

Technomancer
I thought UPS's were there to protect the comp from precisely these sort of situations!
yeah buddy but theres a limit to the kinda surges it can take
normal spikes/surges ... even surges during an electrical storm MOST of the times
but a transformer busting ?
boss u have any idea of the kind of spike that would generate ?
not to mention the EMI/EMP

unfortunately u have to tell those ppl to be more careful and rectify those errors ..and get ur hosue wiring checked to be safe
apart from this, im sorry to say, the only option is move :D

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
thanks Raven. I have no idea exactly what happens with a UPS as I have only the basic knowledge. Anyways I am gonna be shifting to my onw place soon so I dont forsee this issue ;)

Kannan

In the zone
Make sure you have a circuit breaker installed in your house.
Also make sure you have proper earthing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom