UPS Monitoring s/w

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Is there any software which will enable me to show how much time is left over for the backup current of my ups to my computer...It should immediately notify me that power now is coming through my UPS and tell me the amount of time to shutdown my pc???

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
You can also monitor the battery status through PowerDVD software!! Mine is APC.
Actually the APC comes with battery monitoring software. I didn't install it though!!

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
My UPS is not by APC & i never got any software along with my UPS....so i wanted to know whether is there any other option for me???

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Always mention your UPS model & brand so that others can help you.
So what brand you are using? I'm sure they have a website, from which you can download
the drivers. If yours is a local-made one. Then I'm sorry, there won't be any software
available to monitor it!!

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Buddy, what u r asking is for an iups (intelligent ups). They come with cables and hence can be monitored. As u r saying u dont have any s\w cd with ur ups, monitoring is not possible.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
JGuru said:
You can also monitor the battery status through PowerDVD software!! Mine is APC.
Actually the APC comes with battery monitoring software. I didn't install it though!!

If you are monitoring battery status using PowerDVD, then I hope you are using your APC battery monitoring software for watching DVD movies.

Just connect your UPS to PC through usb cable or serial cable,Windows will detect your usb and shows its status while discharging & charging,Using softwares bundled with product having options to view charging status, set low voltage & high voltage cutoff values,view input & output voltages,power status extra.

ashfame

Padawan
but connect extra usb cables from ups only when u hav no fluctuation in power coz sometimes a reverse current can flow thro it & destroy cpu & mobo.
DON't SAY I DIDN't WARN!!

knight17

In the zone
My UPS is from APC.
And it have a port to connect with the PC for s/w monitering purposes...if yours is a local brand it wont be possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom