Upload >> Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
it has been quite sometime since i've noticed that my computer is uploading much more than its downloading....i have a 24 hr sify connection @ 256kbps...since iam a heavy user of shareaza and limewire, i keep my computer switched on for some very long stretches....but even when limewire and shareaza are not runnung, the computer uploads something or the other....

thinking that it might be a virus, i installed avast! pro (with all shields enabled) and zone alarm security pack....but still the problem persists....just to give the scale of the uploads and downloads....right now my comp has sent 455,522 packets and recieved only 201,623 in 4 hrs.....i know its not right

Charley

Just Do It
Check with anoither AV with ""latest update"" & also scan for spyware using adware and spybot.

That is abnormal. This could be the only problem

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmm..Try this. Right-Click on ZoneAlarm icon in System Tray, and click "Restore ZoneAlarm Control Center". Then click "Program Control" icon in the left pane. Here click "Main" tab, and move the slider to "Med" (Medium) Postion. Then click "Programs" tab, and look at the programs that are connecting to Internet. If you spot any program/file which you can not recognise, then post back it's name.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
following are some programs that i dont recogonise:-

-content index service
-microsoft gdi+ detection tool
-services and controller app
-spooler subsystem app
-system level service utility
-userinit logon application
-visual c++ comand line compiler

• now after 7 hrs the figure is 1,001,927 sent and 550,295 recieved....thats almost double!!....and nothing is getting uploaded in shareaza or limewire...

swatkat

Technomancer
Open the ZoneAlarm Control Center, and click the "Firewall" button on the left pane. Then click "Main" tab, and here increase the "Trusted Zone Security" to "High". Then check with the data uploads.

maximus999

Broken In
Sahil...............Are U Referring to the LAN sent received packets window ..well i have a Sify 128Kbps Connection... I dont have any P2P softwares..Still........ The packets sent figure exceeds that of received...Maybe its normal........Nothing to worry about.........Well the sent packets figures of ur connection is much higher maybe becoz ur have a 256 kbps connection...........

And ya......Get a good Antivirus like kaspersky if u fear any Virus hanging around in ur PC..........

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
hey swatkat....did that...but the rate of upload is the same (abt 50packets/sec)...do you need to restart zone alram to apply the new settings??

hey maximus....yes i am referring to the LAN data transfer rate...i checked up with my sify cable operator....they said that the ratio of Upload Vs Download should be around 1/10!!....mine is more than 2!!!....that's why iam a bit worried...

maximus999

Broken In
Sahil...........lemme check out my friends PC ......who has the same 256kbps connection & ya has P2P softwares.........Ill let u know about it..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom