Upgrading to a new pc , but my old one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

eureca_eureca

In the zone
I am planning to upgrade my pc , at present i have a d845gvsr mobo which is no more fit for upcoming vista , i would like to know a couple of things

Can i add 2 gb of ram to this board ? if so what must be the frequency ?.
this mobo had a problem and was still on wara\ranty but i was not given a new mobo saying i was not registered :( , so if i sell this mobo what price would be right to sell it ...

and i have a 2.8 p4 processor with it , can i use this processor with the latest mobos available ? would the pins match ?
and at what price can i sell this processor if it wont match with any of the latest mobo's ?

i would like to hear suggestions for purchasing a new pc ...
i need a mobo , processor and ram , can some one tell me which can perform well on vista and would like to run games like nfs u MW.

would like to know amd prices too..

please reply

shaunak

Tux Fan
You dont need to dump the board if you dont want to. Things to install:
> One GB of DDR ram [i think the max frequncy is 333mhz check in your mobo manual or intels site]
> one good AGP8x graphic card [read the gfx card sticky thread]
> You processor is fine.

OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
only processor is fine , but no graphics card slot , it can take upto 533 mhz for ram , but this is not enough for vista :( , iam planning for a dual core .

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Ur PC has not got an AGP slot and u can have RAM of 333 MHz if ur CPU's FSB is 533 and 266 MHz RAM if the FSB is 400. But it would be better to upgrade the whole PC. Btw what's ur buget

OP
E

eureca_eureca

In the zone
nishant_nms said:
Ur PC has not got an AGP slot and u can have RAM of 333 MHz if ur CPU's FSB is 533 and 266 MHz RAM if the FSB is 400. But it would be better to upgrade the whole PC. Btw what's ur buget

i dont need a monitor or hdd , all i need is a mobo , procesor and ram and AGP

i can go upto 17 k for these alone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom