Upgrading the processor and the motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
My configuration is the following:
Samsung Samtron 58v monitor
1.7 GHz Celeron Processor(Socket 478,Willamette)
Biostar P4TGS motherboard
16x BenQ DVD ROM drive
52x Samsung CD RW
450 W SMPS
Samsung SVO411N 40 GB HDD(5400 RPM)
Samsung Basic Keyboard
Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse
350 w Frontech Speakers
256 MB 133MHz SDRAM
Floppy drive(1.44 mb)
WinXP SP2

Now,I want to upgrade my motherboard and processor.Can you please suggest any AMD processor and motherboard and RAM?The motherboard should have onboard graphics(Nvidia GeForce 6100 or 6150).My budget is
Rs 11000.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you can tell us more about what exactly you want to use PC for it will be helpful cause config may vary a bit if you want to use your PC for different purposes.
I am not too good at hardware but this is what I would have got for your budget:
AMD Athlon 2800+ 64 bit 754 pin
ASUS K8V-MX Motherboard
Transcend 512 MB RAM @400MHz

Vyasram

The pWnster
Amd 939 3000+ (754 is not the way to go)
Gigabyte K8N51GMF or ASUS A8N-VM
Transcend or Hynix 512 mb ram

This will cost 12000- 12500 but itz much better than the 754 version. This has better graphics and speed

*www.deltapage.com/ . Visit this site for more. It has chennai prices (abt 5% over mumbai)

mehulved

He's right you should get 939 pin if it fits within your budget. 939 pin is the way to go if you want it to be more future-proof. And I guess this fits your price range very well.

patelviren

Broken In
if i need one pc for medical shop.

intel motherboard
P4 - 2.4ghz
LG Monitor
LG cd writer
256MB DDR RAM(hynix)
sata 40 GB HDD
FLOPY Drive (SONY)
Epson Printer(dotmatrix or inkjet)
460watt speaker
ATX cabinet
optical mouse
TVSE GOLD keyboard

please friend tell me approximate total rates of that configuration of my new pc.

mvishnu

Broken In
patelviren said:
if i need one pc for medical shop.

460watt speaker

please friend tell me approximate total rates of that configuration of my new pc.

did i misunderstand something?

SPEAKERS for use in a medical shop? why???

Anyway, i think even a pentium 1 would be more than enough for office use.

mehulved

GeekyBoy said:
@tech_your_future,I want the computer for moderate gaming and surfing the internet.
Then I guess vysaram's config will be good enough. You don't need a very end system. If you can manage an Athlon 2800+ 939 pin that will also do, if you face budget problems. So, atlast go for
AMD Athlon 3000+ 939 pin OR 2800+ 939 pin if budget becomes a constraint.
Either of the motherboard. And 512 MB or RAM either from Transcend or hynix, but I guess transcend would be more expensive. Just go to a few shopkeepers and have a talk about these and then make your choice.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
tech_your_future said:
GeekyBoy said:
@tech_your_future,I want the computer for moderate gaming and surfing the internet.
Then I guess vysaram's config will be good enough. You don't need a very end system. If you can manage an Athlon 2800+ 939 pin that will also do, if you face budget problems. So, atlast go for
AMD Athlon 3000+ 939 pin OR 2800+ 939 pin if budget becomes a constraint.
Either of the motherboard. And 512 MB or RAM either from Transcend or hynix, but I guess transcend would be more expensive. Just go to a few shopkeepers and have a talk about these and then make your choice.

Is it possible? I thought A64 2800 was available only in 754 pin version.

BTW is the medical store not meant to sell medicines? (joking)

V.Prem Kumar

mehulved

I am not 100% sure but I do remember reading about 2800+ 939 pin. I may have been mistaken. If so I am sorry for misinformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom