i have...

p3 850Mhz
Intel 815 Original MB
256 SD RAM....
and Geforce 2 MX 32MB......

i wanted 2 upgrade after 1 year when PCI express is out in full with a good

PCI express graphics card, but at present, my card doesnt support anything

good...

so i m thinkin of making a small investment at present so that it can run an year..

m thinkin of havin,,,,

256 DDR
AMD 2200+ (1.5Ghz)

and am confused,, which motherboard 2 take?????

need 1 which has integrated graphics.. decent enough 2 run present games with pixel shaders

on 1024*768 res. on normal graphics....

i have creative live soundcard... so if the MB doesnt have integrated audio

then 2 its ok...

thanx

TDW {RES}

swatkat

Technomancer
u can go for Asus A7N8X-VM which has OnBoard GeForce 4 MX Class Grpahics Processor....one of the best motherboard for Athlon 2xxx series processor...
This nForce2-based motherboard comes with dual-channel DDR400 memory for great performance. AGP 8X standard and integrated GeForce4 MX graphics elevate your video experience. Together with onboard LAN and audio, the A7N8X-VM is a quality solution you can count on.
Full specs here........
but, why r u going for a new processor, motherboard for this short term upgrade, as u said u will be making PCI-Ex upgrade next year...why dont buy a good graphics card for ur present system?

OP
A

angel

Broken In
@ swatkat

most games r demanding processor speed of more then 1Ghz...

thats y...

which graphics card would come within 4-5ks....

which should have pixel shaders support,,,, and should run decent

on my system at 1024 res.

thanx

TDW

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First off just wanted to inform ya that This query Belongs to the hardware section..... :)

Nextly The gfx card that u can get for ur budget is the XFX Geforce Fx5200 Ultra With 128MB Vram supportin pixel shader 2.0+ and vertex shader 2.0+ DX9.0 Based card......this aint even a decent card when it comes to Games like Doom 3 at high res(Will choke the life outta it :wink:)......but for other games it might just manage through decently :D

amey_dude

Journeyman
Dont go for a graphix card upgrade if u r going for pci-x card the next yr.
B'coz Fx 5200 does not perform well and it gives overall bad performance. Go for the motherboard which swat told.

i know it wont hv pixel shader coz geforce4MX doesnt support it but still its a better upgrade for u now.

After all U are going to get pci-X card after just 365 days :wink: :idea: get a good one like geforce 6600GT or something better after just 365 days :D

OP
A

angel

Broken In
i mainly want 2 upgrade my pc cause of playin games... thats all....

and wots the use of the new m.board if i cant play the games that

i want 2 for which i upgraded....

thats y i dont want 2 spend much on graphics card also.. just a minimal..

after an year ill spend 15ks... 2 get a good 1...

so acc. 2 all ur opinions....

which card should i buy, best within, 4-5ks...

thanx

TDW {RES}

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yup the Fx5200 aint a good performer overall but will suit ur budget and ur Pixel shading compatiblity :wink:

Btw if u wanna get the PCI-E tech.....then the Upgrade will have to be totally i mean along with the mobo u'll need a good Gfx card which will again prove rather tough one ur budget.....but it will definetly be worth it....plus the Recent Intel Chipsets like 915,925 and so on have PCI-E based architecture and have onboard Intel Exterme graphics accelerator which would let ya play most games at decent frame rates.....the only drawback is that this technology doesent let ya add an AGP card to it as both work on diff architecture :cry:

So Fx5200 Or The Ati Radeon 9200SE(Not sure of supportin Pixel Shader) may be will be a good choice to fit ur budget :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom