Upgrading my computer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I want to upgrade my processor. I would like to know what should i go go for. Should i go for Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD 64. I have an Geforce FX 5200 256MB AGP graphics card. I want to keep that! So please tell me some motherboard and processor combinations that is good and the price as well! Thanx.

thetechsavy

Right off the assembly line
hell_storm2004 said:
Hi Everyone,

I want to upgrade my processor. I would like to know what should i go go for. Should i go for Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD 64. I have an Geforce FX 5200 256MB AGP graphics card. I want to keep that! So please tell me some motherboard and processor combinations that is good and the price as well! Thanx.
If you want for gaming you can always go for AMD in most of game reviewing sites i have seen an upper hand of AMD :D

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
The newer processors like Core 2 Duo require new mobos and these days the good motherboards that support Core 2 Duo do not have AGP slots as almost all mobo manufaturers have moved on to PCI-e if you are upgrading to a new processors like Core 2 Duo (I do not know much about AMD) it is better that you sell your gfx5200 and buy a new one.

Also tell us of your budget...usually when someone says that they'd like to keep their existing AGP card expecially when it is a low end 5200 it most likely means that you are on a tight budget...so let us know what you can spend and you will get a more specific answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom