Upgrading Mobo+Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
ok guys i went to a dealer today and asked for prices of latest mobos and processors here is the tentative quote i got

Mobo - Asus P5N32 SLi Deluxe - 13750/-
processor - Core 2 Duo E6400 - 9500/-
graphics card - Nvidia 7600 GS - 7650/-(needed as this mobo doesnt have inbuilt graphics)
Ram - 512 mb DDR2 667mhz - 3200/-

comes to about 34000/- in all.......wat do u guys says will it give me good future proofing.......is it worth buying at current rates or shud i wait?

and wat will i get for this.........
Mercury 845gl mobo
Intel Celeron 2.4 ghz processor
256 + 512 mb DDR ram
Geforce 6200 AGP card(not even 1 yr old)

well this m8 look old but plays all games till date, maybe not at full settings but still, very good looking.

Ch@0s

In the zone
moshel said:
ok guys i went to a dealer today and asked for prices of latest mobos and processors here is the tentative quote i got

Mobo - Asus P5N32 SLi Deluxe - 13750/-
processor - Core 2 Duo E6400 - 9500/-
graphics card - Nvidia 7600 GS - 7650/-(needed as this mobo doesnt have inbuilt graphics)
Ram - 512 mb DDR2 667mhz - 3200/-

comes to about 34000/- in all.......wat do u guys says will it give me good future proofing.......is it worth buying at current rates or shud i wait?

and wat will i get for this.........
Mercury 845gl mobo
Intel Celeron 2.4 ghz processor
256 + 512 mb DDR ram
Geforce 6200 AGP card(not even 1 yr old)

well this m8 look old but plays all games till date, maybe not at full settings but still, very good looking.

P5N32 SLI Deluxe is an NF590 chipset mobo so no overclocking if you ever want to do it. Also the board has tonnes of issues in itself and asus has stopped making it. If you can, get the P5N32-E SLI Deluxe or if you have lots of money to burn, then the Asus ROG Striker Extreme which are both based on the new NF 680SLI chipset which overclocks like a beast. If you can't find either of these two mobos, get the Asus P5B Deluxe or the Intel 975XBX.

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
havent decided the DDR2 brand but even kingston and transcend are not very expensive.........

and i wont be overclocking any of the hardware items, so am not looking for a "overclocking" solution.

btw i checked in this month's digit that the MSI 965 Neo f and MSI 965 Platinum gave almost at par performance to the 975x boards and also costs half the price........wud that be good............

as for the SLI board i think it really wont make a difference in performance until u put an additional gfx card.................

well SLi/crossfire is almost out of question, wat abt the 965 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom