upgraded smps query.please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
hi friends.

-->well previously i had a 300watt vip smps(18 amp on 12 volt) installed on my system.when a min of 350 watt smps is required by my gpu.

therefore yesterday i went to lamington road to get a powersafe silver 400watt psu.

surprisingly almost all the shops where ever i asked for the powersafe 400watt smps they said yes they have.and showed the 400watt vip psu.

when i asked them about this they told me that powersafe and vip are same brands you can ask anybody (almost everyone of them told me this).

i got quite puzzled.and the prices they said were also equal to the powersafe ones.:???:

-->so atlast i settled for the vip 400watt gold(or powersafe 400watt gold according to them).:-|

it cost me around 1.5k

-->it has two +12volt rails.one having 13amps and another having 14 amps.

>>problem i faced:-all the games are running. but sands of time refuses to open (i get a black screen) even in the safe mode please help.earlier (with 300watt) also this game had similar problems but on safe mode or after a restart it used to open.
but now its not opening at all. :oops:

>>so my query is have i done anything wrong by purchasing this product.i mean is a good upgrade or have i been cheated.:(

please do reply.

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Its true, VIP and Powersafe are both brands of Kunhar Peripherals or KPPL.
The lower end PSUs like 300W or so which come with cabinets are all VIP and higher end ones like 500W, 600W are all Powersafe.

What GPU are you using ?
If all games are running well except for POP then it is not a PSU oriented problem.try reinstalling the game.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
Its true, VIP and Powersafe are both brands of Kunhar Peripherals or KPPL.
The lower end PSUs like 300W or so which come with cabinets are all VIP and higher end ones like 500W, 600W are all Powersafe.

What GPU are you using ?
If all games are running well except for POP then it is not a PSU oriented problem.try reinstalling the game.

thanks for the reply.well i have 512mb 8500gt.
and are the amps on the 12v rails are ok.

btw i have some small query.

1.my smps has a black connector in which sata is written.(it was not on my previous smps).
and i dont have a sata hard disk.but my mobo supports sata.so confused as i dont know where to connect it i left it open.(as i have never installed smps before) .
so my question is: is it a connector for the sata hard disk.i mean does it directly connects to the sata hard disk.

2.since i have two 12volt rails.one with 13amps and another with 14amps so can i consider both and say i have 13+14=27amps on 12v rail.

Last edited:

asheet

Journeyman
Hi

I have Cooler Master Extreme Power 650W SMPS along with Zebronics Antibiotic Cabinet for sale at Mumbai.

Cooler Master Extreme Power 650W with orig Box but used for 1 month n case you are looking for a cheaper option. I bought it for Rs 8500 can give you the same for Rs 5000 (SMPS+Cabinet)

Pl let me know if you are interseted. You can reach me at my cell 92233 23333.
I also have Gearhead Wireless Keyborad & MOuse (Packed) for Rs 1000
Also am selling a 3 month old Samsung SCX-4200 Laser ALl-in-one printer with Laser Cart 80% full as I bought a Laser All-in-one now. If you want COlor Laser ALl-in-one I can sell you the same (Samsung CLX-3175FN) for Rs 37000 (Packed with all caretidge also packed). MRP Rs 45K + Tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom