upgrade:what should i buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amit Prabhu

Right off the assembly line
Hi every body, this is my first post over here although i am a digit fan and have been reading the magazine since its first issue.
I am thinking of upgrading my cpu.. I want to buy a good graphic card.. minimum a gforce fx 5600 or ati radeon 9600 xt..
i'll be selling the following components which i already have
amd athlon 1700
asus a7n266vm motherboard which had onboard graphics.

how much i might get with above two componets?
I want to add 16k to it and buy new motherboard+ processor + a graphic card.. i want to go for amd athlon processor.. i am not upgrading ram and hard disk.. they are new..
please suggest me a good motherboard model,processor and graphic card combination for my budget..
can i go for a ati radeon 9800xt or a nvidia fx 5700 ultra with my budget?
also i am in a dillema whether to go for ati or nvidia.. Please post in ur valuable suggestions..

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
16k umm....that might be a little less considering that ur keen on a 9600xt. The 9600Xt costs 10.5k here. Also try to aviod the FX series in Nvidia. Going for a 9600pro for 8.5k makes sense. Also since 32 bit architecture is aging now, its better to go for a 64 bit proccy. So here my advice to you.

AMD64 2800+: 6.9k
Gigabyte K8S760M Mobo - 6k
Asus K8V: 6.8k
Gfx card: 9600pro :8.5k

Comes to arnd 21k.

demoninside

In the zone
ya it`s good to go for 64bit procy
and adding 16+you`ll gee round 3-4 thousend depending.
so i think 21k is reachable for u

OP
A

Amit Prabhu

thnx blade_runner but is amd 64 bit processor really worth going for coz they are useless unless there is a 64 bit application that makes use of it.. for the near future will it make a difference? also if i go for a 32 bit processor then what combination should i go for?

Naga

Broken In
Athlon 64s are 32bit compatible so u can use it till true 64 bit apps r available. The costs are comparable to 32 bit proccies and the performance is also better. Plus, u r future proof. Get with it and get a 64. No use buying a 32 bit system unless u r on a tight budget or u if u require the pc for just net or regular usage.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Amit Prabhu said:
thnx blade_runner but is amd 64 bit processor really worth going for coz they are useless unless there is a 64 bit application that makes use of it.. for the near future will it make a difference? also if i go for a 32 bit processor then what combination should i go for?

I guess naga answered ur Q's then..... :D

OP
A

Amit Prabhu

what i was thinking was if i go for 32 bit µp so that i might end up with enough money to take radeon 9800 pro or even 9800 xt.. how about this combo?

theraven

Technomancer
sure
its ur beef man... go for what u think is better
yeah i tihkn gettin a better graphics card for the time being is a better idea than gettin a better proccy !!
go for it ! if u can that is ... cuz the 9800 pro will cost u abt 14k ... and gettin a cheaper proccy / mobo combination will cut down abt 2-3k ... still dun think it'll fit ur budget ...
tho i still strongly suggest and respect blade's suggestions .... think abt it .. im sure u'll be able to work something out in ur budget
o yeah and i always suggest ASUS mobos whatever u go for ... :D
cheers

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
sure
its ur beef man... go for what u think is better

Rightly said. I'll tell u what wait for like a few days, atleast till the first week of Sept cuz there are going to be revision in the Club3d Ati card prices. I will let u know if there are any major changes. But u will be losing out on a gr8 deal for saving 2-3k.

OP
A

Amit Prabhu

ya i am going to upgrade my pc after the first week of september. thnx bladerunner.. please inform if there are any price revisions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom