Journeyman
i have a p4 1.5 ghz cpu
256 sdram
40 gb harddisk and 32 mb nivida graphic card

i am hardcore gamer and want pc to play games

should i upgrade or buy new pc

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Upgrade man .....if and only if u have problem in other comp parts like monitor ...etc....then olny try to buy new assembled.......

Otherwise u upgrade every part of the system.....

if u r harcore gamer upgarde u r mobo,processor,graphic cards,etc..... 8) 8) 8)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
By 32MB nVidia card, I suppose you mean a TNT2 or GF2. For gaming, you'll see the biggest jump in performance if you upgrade the graphics card. Next comes the memory, and the CPU last.

Introduction of PCI-E has complicated matters in cases like yours. If it weren't for that, I'd suggest you buy a good AGP card first, install it on your present computer, and see if you're satisfied with it.

However, if you invest in an AGP card now, you won't be able to use it if you should decide to buy a PCI-E based system in the near future. The same is true with your SDRAM-based memory system.

Buying a whole new rig will obviously give you better all-round performance, but will cost more. It depends on how much you're willing to spend

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@shivi4
upgrade your mobo and grafix card. that will give u a very huge perfomance boost in games. i think your 1.5 ghz cpu uses socket 478 motherboards , so u can definitely go for an ASUS motherboard such as the P4C-800-E-DELUXE based on the intel 875p chipset and buy a mainstream grafix card according to ur budget. if u want even more then upgrade ur ram also to 400 mhz ddr 512 mb. this will perform even better. btw wats ur budget for the upgrade and which mobo r u having right now ?

OP
S

shivi4

Journeyman
i already have good monitor

so i do not need to buy that.i also have good sound system and dvd combo drive too
i have not particular budget but of course it has to be economical
as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom