Broken In
got an intel810e celeron 1.3Ghz 256md sd ram
and i want to spend 16k for an upgrade so
everyone please suggest some conf.
so that i can atleast play doom3 :?:

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
so that i can atleast play doom3
ATLEAST doom3?It must be framed as EVEN doom3 as the hardware reqd 2 play this game in its fullest will cost a bomb.
Dear techmax,doing an upgrade on your config wont help u 2 achieve much....can u consider buyin a new system instead?

Sourabh

Laptoping
dude sell this without keyboard, mouse and monitor and increase ur budget by another 8-10 k then u can play doom 3 at medium settings

borg

In the zone
Man u will need to spend atleast 5k on the graphics card alone to be able to play Doom3 decently. U could go for a 9600 which is available for that price. Then u would have 11k left. Now, u need atleast 512MB RAM. That might cost, say Rs. 3000 (karnataka prices, will be cheaper elsewhere) SO then, u will have Rs. 8k left. WIth that u need to get a decent cpu & motherboard ( I am assuming u have all the other things like HDD, CDROM etc & they don't need upgrading). Get a cheap motherboard like Krypton C18G - 400 ( available for around Rs. 3000/- ) The remaining 5k can go for CPU. Go for Athlon XP 2600+ or something like that. I think that will cost Rs. 5k. Please check local retailers for pricing info.

Thats it, u are done. It ain't the best of specs, but it WILL fulfill ur requirement of being able to play Doom 3 at decent settings (800*600 resolution, high setting) in ur stated budget of Rs. 16k. As others have stated, it is always better to spend more & go for Athlon 64.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
techmax said:
but sourabh
for how much i should sell my current system
as u mentioned to increase the budget?????

selling wont help u very much,infact reuse as many components as possible....bcoz now-a-days h/w is so cheap that second hand sells like dirt.... :x

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
shrek metamorphosises into a beauty...wow....
reuse Intel810e celeron 1.3Ghz 256md sd ram !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pls tell him where to find a mobo 4 the SD RAM too grinnie.....
heard they come at a premium these days

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:cry: yup thats true,he'll really have to luk around for them...
a frnd of mine purchased gigabyte 7ZMMH mobo with SDRAm support frm nehru place for 5500....now really its hard to find any justification in shelling out that much.....

@nitro .. changes only keeps the hope nd spirits alive,without changes we'll turn out to be pieces of log...so metamorphosis was in the pipeline!!! :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom