upgrade from geforce ti 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.

comrade

foreign return(0)
my geforce 4 ti 4600 is now almost 3 years old. im still able to play most of the games at decent resolutions. But few games really seems to struggle at some points of the game( irrespective of the resolutions i played). It has got shader 1.0 support. is that the problem for its low performance in recent games?

I went for an upgradation last year replacing ti 4600 with 5600 xt, quite disappointed with its performance and returned it back.
Now should i upgrade my agp card so that i can get better performance in latest/upcoming games. will cards like 6200,6600 offer better performance than 5600 xt.
is the new upgrade is recommened or should i wait for some more time?

4600Ti is an excellent card. A radeon 9800Pro or GeForce 6600GT would be a sensible budget conscious upgrade choice. If can't afford these, better wait it out.

Keith

G

gxsaurav

u did not mentioned your budget, a Geforce 6600GT with 128 MB RAM AGP from XFX can be found for Rs 11, 000, which is a real good performance card

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
4600 ti was a premium card when i purchased it.
i have nforce2 motherboard with 8x agp slot.(upgraded my system 2 years after the card arrival)
but the agp card is an 4x version.
i can spend upto 5-5.5k max
how abt 6600 non gt?

mangemayur

Journeyman
exactly that was what i was thinking. but the price ...
u have to check out for the 6600 Non GT one. in that case better go for 6200

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
wait for sometime for 6600 ddr 2 model to get launched in agp 8 x version which should be enough for most people .. expected price - 6-6.5 k

not sure .. maybe ..

also this card performs as good as 6600 gt when overclocked .. :lol:

but if u have the budget of 8 - 8.5 k then go for 6600 gt ... :D

G

gxsaurav

yogi7272 said:
wait for sometime for 6600 ddr 2 model to get launched in agp 8 x version which should be enough for most people .. expected price - 6-6.5 k

not sure .. maybe ..

also this card performs as good as 6600 gt when overclocked .. :lol:

but if u have the budget of 8 - 8.5 k then go for 6600 gt ... :D

the Geforce 6600 non ultra with DDR2 will hardly be released for AGP, as they are trying to push the PCI-E market up, besides, for AGP they will have to use a bridge chip which will increse the cost

look for Gigabyte or XFX Geforce 6600 non ultra with 128 MB RAM, AGP 8X

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
since pci-e is the future i dont want to go for an high(mid) end gt cards on my existing agp. And if i go for a new system then the card will be rendered useless. so will be happier with a decent card at reasonable price.

digit reviewed a gigabyte 6600 card 2 months bfore & its price Rs.5850 is very much affordable. where can i getit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom