Updating library leaves old entries intact

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I've got a Nokia 3110C. I'm facing this problem of not able to update the music library properly. In case I remove the old files and when I add new ones and try to update, the old entries remain. There is no option to remove them. How to resolve this? :(

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Try this. Remove your memory card and then go to the Music Player and update your library. Assuming you have no tracks on your phone memory, your library will be empty. Then put the memory card back in and then update the library again. This time only the tracks on the memory card will get added to the library.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

@krates-It's the latest firmware.

@krazzy-So, I've to do this EVERYTIME I add a song? :-/

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ First check if that works as I'm not 100% sure. Also you might only need to this if you find items in your library which should not be there as they don't exist on the memory card.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

@krazzy-I did what you told and I'm not even able to see the newly added songs now :( Now what????

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
well i said REFLASH your firmware .. this happened with my frnd i think it is some software problem

or do a hard reset of your phone

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@krazzy-I did what you told and I'm not even able to see the newly added songs now :( Now what????

It is difficult to imagine the situation without actually handling the phone and even more difficult to give any sort of advice. I hope you find the solution on your own because I can't think of anything right now.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

@krazzy-Thanks for the help offered till now :) You are truly one mobile guru :D

@krates-Can you tell me a software where I can get to reflash my phone? It's just 3 months old, so I might get it done by a Nokia Service Center. But, it would be helpful to know the softwares available out there. BTW, was there no recurrent problems related to this after your friend got it reflashed?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
@krates-Can you tell me a software where I can get to reflash my phone? It's just 3 months old, so I might get it done by a Nokia Service Center. But, it would be helpful to know the softwares available out there. BTW, was there no recurrent problems related to this after your friend got it reflashed?

Download nokia software updater from net and install run it connect your phone via data cable and let it check if there is any new firmware or reinstall the one you have if there is a new firmware out for it then it will download it and then install and if the firmware version is same it will reinstall that

You can get it done by going to nokia care it will hardly take 15 minutes for them

mind you better back up all your contacts smses etc via Nokia pc suite

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

I have Nokia PC Suite and I've been backing up data regularly :)

Anyway, PROBLEM SOLVED! I just restored the phone to factory settings and the previous entries are removed :D I'll try to add more songs, update and I'll post back.

I've tried updating again and there's no problem ;) I just need to try updating with an animated theme, which will take sometime :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom