Unwanted pop-up!! Please Help........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
Recently a program downloaded a virus onto my computer without my knowledge. On knowing that I have been infected, I scanned my system and removed the infected files, but this balloon keeps popping up now and then. It is not of the Windows Security Center but was downloaded by the virus.
Please suggest me how im can remove it. I have attached a screenshot of the pop-up to give u a brief idea.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Image shows avast! antivirus is deactivated! Why would you do that?
-Activate avast!
-Update its definitions
-Logon to windows in "safe mode"
-Perform entire system scan.

sakumar79

Technomancer
In addition to avast being off, it is not clear whether you have a firewall running... Do you use one? If not, get ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall. It is free and very easy to use.

Post a hijackthis log for us to check what malware are on your system.

Arun

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ok..
An update...

Your PC is infected with AntiVerminser spyware. It itself poses as antivirus software and shoots out false virus messages.

:arrow: Download: Easy AntiVerminser remover tool

Perform full system scan in "safe mode".

This should solve your problem.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes, ur pc has caught an AntiVermin ! now whats an antivermin?

mcafee defines it as "This is not a virus or a trojan. It is detected as a 'potentially unwanted program.' This is an anti-spyware application claiming to remove unwanted malicious spyware programs in an attempt to get you to purchase the full version of the product..."

webroot defines it as : "AntiVermins is an adware program that may display advertisements on your system... It may also cause slowing of your Web browser and system performance issues."

AntiVermins r not, so an antivirus tool, per se, may not help you. AntiVermin is also not a Trojan horse, because it doesn't enter your system by pretending to be something other than what it is. That means that narrowly-focused anti-Trojan tools also may not help.

so to remove it, try this, first turn off systemrestore. then download and use RogueRemover. for more general info click here.

also scan ur pc in safe mode with any 2 of the following anti-spys : spybot, spywaredoctor, spysweeper, avg anti-spyware.

it shud help. if it dznt pls post ur hjt logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom