unusual computer behaviour please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrat_chak1

Broken In
I have a p4 2.60c, 865 gbf,512 ddr 400 ram, 128 mb fx5200 nvidia graphics card, pctv pinnacle tv card, d-link 10/100 lan card, creative 5.1 live sound card, 80gb samsung 7200 rpm hard disk, samsung 52x24x52x cd writer and a liteon 16x dvd rewriter. The samsung hard disk is in the primary master, liteon dvd writer the secondary master and samsung writer as secondary slave. The operating system is Windows XP. All the drivers are up to date.
My problem is that before i bought the liteon dvd writer My computer was working with a samsung dvd rom drive. As I removed the dvd rom drive the computer now boots very slowly. The booting time has increased from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. The cds I write also take a long to write as the recorder buffer does not get full at all. It fluctuates between 10 - 70 %. Due to this the dvds I write at 8x take an hour to burn but are in good shape because of liteon :D . I have defragged the hard drive, cleaned the pc of all the dust and changed the ide cables but to no avail. I have also run the pc without the dvd writer but it still does not run quite well. Please help me. I cant solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom