UNUSUAL BEHAVIOUR!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deva

Broken In
A friend of mine is having the following problem with his PC.

He was installing a game on his system.Half way through he exited the installation due to some work.At that instant a error message flashed(which he does not remember).He ignored it and shutdown his system.When next time he put his PC on he found out that his CD DRIVE tab in MY COMPUTER was not been shown.He could not access his cd drive anymore.Also due to some reason many of his games are not working. What must be the problem for such behaviour?????
Please post if anymore info is required.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Is the drive being listed during the POST ..? ie is it being detected when the computer boots up ..?

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
May be CD Drive is hidden. Try downloading this for Win XP *download.microsoft.com/download/f/...6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe]and then install it, and then go to My Computer tab---> Drives and see if his Cd Rom is unchecked, if so check it and save and exit. Also wait for the other replies

OP
D

Deva

Broken In
Thanks Swetanshu,it_waaznt_me for your valuable suggestions.I will try out them out and reply later.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i also had this prob, in WINME

the prob was solved..... i installed XP!!! :d
anyways... nice name shwetanshu :p

OP
D

Deva

Broken In
I am very sorry if hurt you SHWETANSHU.I was in a hurry that day hence the reason.
Anyways even I am the victim of such similar problem sometimes.

Tech&ME

Banned
As it_waaznt_me said, check the during post if your cd-rom drive is listed or not. U can also check this in the BIOS/CMOS if at all the CD-ROM drive is detected by the BIOS/CMOS, if not . It is probably due to loose E-IDE cable that connects your drive to the mobo. Check this out (U will need to open the case of your computer for this, be careful if u are new at it. )

Completely remove the cable and replace is firmly again and then start your computer and see the BIOS/CMOS if its detected you are done, next start Windows and see if appears there.

If the BIOS/CMOS shows the CD-Rom drive but windows doesn't install TweakUI and untick the hidden CD-Rom drive.

this should help.

suj_engico

Broken In
HEY DEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS THAT FREIND OF URS 'RAGHUVEER'
I AM QUITE SURE HIS DRIVE MUST HAVE BEEN HIDDEN
ELSE TELL HIM TO TRY OUT THE HARDWARE DETECTION SOFTWARE.

suj_engico

Broken In
if the above thing does not work.
then i would suggest that there is something seriously wrong with the PC
Run an antivirus for the BOOT files.
if this isn't working toothen
Try installing the WINDOWS XP OS again
by formatting all drives using a backup
else the only possibility is that the the CD-ROM has crashed.

OP
D

Deva

Broken In
YES SUJ_ENGICO YOU ARE RIGHT,the friend i am talking about is raghuveer.
Please can you expand on the hardware detection software part.I hv little idea abt it.Can u arrange for the software?

suj_engico

Broken In
Well if that is the case than I can tell u the answer in the class.
Others might have got confused what are we talking about.
Well Guys
We are in the same class.
Sometimes it happens that due to some mechanical vibrations or shakings some of the hardwares do not get detected.
Try going in the boot area & see if it is getting listed.

techsavvy

Broken In
suj_engico said:
HEY DEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS THAT FREIND OF URS 'RAGHUVEER'
I AM QUITE SURE HIS DRIVE MUST HAVE BEEN HIDDEN
ELSE TELL HIM TO TRY OUT THE HARDWARE DETECTION SOFTWARE.

WATS THE MEANING OF POSTING 2 POSTS 1 AFTER THE OTHER?
IS THIS A NEW TACTIC FOR INCREASING POSTS??????

DONT TRY TO INCREASE UR POSTS IN THIS MANNER

babumuchhala

In the zone
Deep said:
techsavvy, he might have posted by mistake :)

cheers
Deep
Deep u seem to be the most leniant and veeeeeery hiiiighly Optimistic. Look at all the topics where suj_engico has posted and can see he alwys posts back to back with a gap of about 5 minutes.

Thats the crappiest way to increase post count

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
babumuchhala said:
Deep said:
techsavvy, he might have posted by mistake :)

cheers
Deep
Deep u seem to be the most leniant and veeeeeery hiiiighly Optimistic. Look at all the topics where suj_engico has posted and can see he alwys posts back to back with a gap of about 5 minutes.

Thats the crappiest way to increase post count
and call it his bad luck, he gets hammered everywhere!!! :p

techsavvy

Broken In
THANK GOD PRANAY AND BABU ALSO NOTICED SUJ'S BEHAVIOUR.

THE MODERATORS MUST DO SMTHING TO STOP SUCH POSTS.

BETTER WATCH UR STEPS SUJ. OR ULL GET INTO TROUBLE MAN

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
YEAH MAN THIS SUJ_ENGICO SEEMS TO BE A REALLY NOVICE @ COMPUTERS. ALL HIS POSTS HAVE SOME NOT SO AVAILABLE SOFTWARES. AND ALL DREAMY STUFF. WAKE UP MAN. THIS FORUM IS FOR SERIOUS DISCUSSION. U CAN'T TEL BABY STORIES FOR SERIOUS PROBLEMS OVER HERE.

U THINK U R DOIN TIME PASS? FIND A BETTER PLACE :::GOOGLE:::. LEARN ALL AND DEN COME HERE 2 GIVE NE ADVICE. UNTILL THEN MOUTHSHUT!!!

centrio

Right off the assembly line
Hi deva
What must have happened to Raghuveers rom is thar that CD must b having writing errors;
due to this rom could not access cd properly but it tried its way hard;
i thing after a lot of struggle ROM had a brain hamrage and crashed its laser (I THINK SO HAAN);
give him cell number of that fellow who had assembled our PCs that might help him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom