1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Unofficial service pack for Windows 98 SE!!!

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by coolsun, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coolsun

coolsun New Member

yeah, :D everyone ask for service pack for windows xp i.e. sp2 for winxp

now u see there is some unofficial service pack for win98 se too , which is essentially collections of various update for win98se. :p

but u read it clearly it is unofficial i.e. unsupported from microsoft!!! or me too!! :oops:

http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html

2. ujjwal

ujjwal New Member

Yeah, I use it too. Its pretty good. The only problem is that it forcibly applies tweaks like conservative swap file which may be a problem to those with low RAM. Of course, those can be reversed.

3. mariner

mariner New Member

well i just fried my comp using that service pack . pc can now boot only in safe mode. i uninstalled the service pack in the safe mode.tried restarting normally but cud not do so. tried reinstalling 98se than it says all the data in the hdd( not the c partition) will be erased.
    so tell me now what to do to come back to normal.

luckily i keep 2 hdds at all times so that i m not out of action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.