Unmatched Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hi! I got CD Writer and DVD Rom of LG on my machine running on Win98SE.The problem is that my Writer is unable 2 read 'Digit June CD' but DVD Rom works fine :evil: I'm using both drives frm 2 yrs.Anybody know why is it so...How can i fix this problem? :roll: :roll: :roll: THX 4 ur Replies :roll: :roll: :roll:

expertno.1

Technomancer
try to use the dc in your freidns or another computer to check if the cd is fine

also

use

Iso Buster to see the files of the cd if windwos is unable to detect it

q3_abhi

Youngling
I don no whether the digit CD's r copyright or not. But if they r ur writer doesnt have the abilities 2 copy protected CD's. If the CD can be written on other PC,then some problem persists.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
q3_abhi said:
I don no whether the digit CD's r copyright or not. But if they r ur writer doesnt have the abilities 2 copy protected CD's. If the CD can be written on other PC,then some problem persists.

I donot think that the digit cd's are copy protected. May it is problem with his drive.[/img]

AcceleratorX

Youngling
LG drives dont have very good error correction. If the DVD drive is a later model than the CD-Writer, it will read the disc better because it has better error correction than the writer.

You might, however, buy a CD lens cleaner and run it on your CD-Writer......

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
This is not always it fails 2 digit CDs,it may skip some other CDs also.I try cleaning d drive and CDs but no results...really LG SUXS :evil: Any other gud idea 4 my CD writer :!:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
If you dont want to buy a new CD-Writer, just use the DVD ROM to play the CD, then copy the entire contents on your hard disk, then use Nero to burn the CD from your hard disk to a blank CD....It should work that way....

Otherwise you should get another writer...Samsung and Sony and ASUS are good.

expertno.1

Technomancer
AcceleratorX said:
LG drives dont have very good error correction. If the DVD drive is a later model than the CD-Writer, it will read the disc better because it has better error correction than the writer.

You might, however, buy a CD lens cleaner and run it on your CD-Writer......

No u r wrong ..in my case....i ahve LG combo GCC4480b.......using from last two years ...and now aslo....i can write even at 2 minutes 50 seconds a 700 mb...no any problem till now.....working better than any other...having samsung drive...but that is sucking......LG walla is good.......

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I was talking about read error correction - My cousin has two LG drives and both of them dont read as well as Sony or Samsung (They take longer time and have a bit more problems).

The LG drives do write very well, though.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Which CD-Writer is best regarding all functions :? I'm thinking 2 buy a new one...Plz tell me in details THX

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I would again recommend you buy BenQ, LiteOn or Sony drives as their quality and performance is usually impeccable. As for your issue, try getting a firmware upgrade for the drive from LG's website and see if that does anything to fix the solution. On one note, please be a bit wary of Samsung drives. Their tray problems are legendary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom