[UNLEASHED] MICROSOFT UPDATE v6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Usually browing web in whenever in jiffy I quickly bookmark pages to my "Must See" Bookmarks folder... about a week ago... don't know while browsing MSDN or some other site I bookmaked for Microsoft Update
Today when I opend it in Opera, It gave me message like

The specified request cannot be executed from current Application Pool

Then I opened it in IE... and WHOA!!

I heard about this thing earlier... just open it in IE and see yourself :D

*update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

OP
ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
+ It's new Updating Service currenty in Testing... for all major Microsoft products you have...

If above link don't work then try this

*update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6

It works with IE only

rajas

In the zone
Thanks for the update dude.

Just chked it. the link speaks

*update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

may be in beta or still not implemented fully. B'coz when I got through the regular link, windowsupdate.microsoft.com, it takes me to the link:
*v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*img13.echo.cx/img13/6756/019rn.jpg

after installing the software.... (by turning off the ZAP...).. i went to the aotuupdate site after restart.... & the ZAP gives this massage.... & cant find the autoupdate link in the ZAP program control....

when i go manualy.... windows update give errors...

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Don't open the link now. It will install Win XP Validation Tool and the update site will be locked to Pirated Windows XP users.

So pirated users beware of this new version and do not do to it until Microsoft forces it on you using windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

Beware!

digen

Youngling
Dude saurav that alert is not because of WU[Windows Update],instead someone maybe port scanning your IP address,a whois query led me to this:

Server Used: [ whois.apnic.net ]

220.226.41.166 = [ ]

inetnum: 220.224.0.0 - 220.227.255.255
netname: RelianceInfocom
descr: Reliance Infocom Ltd.
admin-c: JT125-AP
tech-c: RS78-AP
notify: relianceip_admin@ril.com

changed: hm-changed@apnic.net
mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-IN-SN
source: APNIC
route: 220.226.40.0/22
descr: Reliance Infocom Ltd Internet Data Centre
origin: AS18101
mnt-by: MAINT-IN-SN
changed: relianceip_admin@ril.com
person: Jyotindra Thacker
nic-hdl: JT125-AP
remarks: Send spam & abuse Reports
remarks: include detailed information & Times in UTC
remarks: to Antiabuse.support@Relianceinfo.com

e-mail: Antiabuse.support@Relianceinfo.com

address: C Block Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City
address: Thane Belapur Road Navi Mumbai
address: Maharashtra
address: India
remarks: Antiabuse Support Helpdesk No are below
phone: 91-2-230388303
remarks: Extension 60167/8
fax-no: 91-2-230382899
person: Rajendar Singh
nic-hdl: RS78-AP

phone: 91-2-230382401

And as far as using windows update ver 6 is concerned as of now there are just too many problems.The best time would be when it comes out the beta phase.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Dude saurav that alert is not because of WU[Windows Update],instead someone maybe port scanning your IP address,a whois query led me to this:

Quote:
Server Used: [ whois.apnic.net ]

220.226.41.166 = [ ]

inetnum: 220.224.0.0 - 220.227.255.255
netname: RelianceInfocom
descr: Reliance Infocom Ltd.
admin-c: JT125-AP
tech-c: RS78-AP
notify: relianceip_admin@ril.com

mnt-by: APNIC-HM
mnt-lower: MAINT-IN-SN
route: 220.226.40.0/22
descr: Reliance Infocom Ltd Internet Data Centre
origin: AS18101
person: Jyotindra Thacker
nic-hdl: JT125-AP

remarks: Antiabuse Support Helpdesk No are below
phone: 91-2-230388303
remarks: Extension 60167/8
person: Rajendar Singh
nic-hdl: RS78-AP

phone: 91-2-230382401

And as far as using windows update ver 6 is concerned as of now there are just too many problems.The best time would be when it comes out the beta phase.

what does it mean??? reliance is trying to enter in my system?????

well for the second onee..... i have installed the v6.... updater...... so how can i rollback to v5......?????????????

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Yes, Saurav. The warning was just because your computer was attacked twice and ZA/ZAP has blocked it.
V6 update engine is new to me. My XP get updated through v5 engine. I tried that link and it ended up generating an error code (Error number: 0x800A1391). ZAP never has any objection against Windows Update. What is required is the original version of Windows and not a pirated copy.

digen

Youngling
Duder, ISP reliance may not be port scanning your but instead a lamer a having reliance net connection poking at ill-configured or open doors.That sounds almost true unless otherwise.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hcp006sl said:
Yes, Saurav. The warning was just because your computer was attacked twice and ZA/ZAP has blocked it.

yup.... i can see that from ZAP...... but the question by whoom?? as

digen said:

so Reliance wants know from me by backdoor or what??........

& ShekharPalash u should have notifyed us that its in Beta....

rajas said:
Thanks for the update dude.

Just chked it. the link speaks

*update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

may be in beta or still not implemented fully. B'coz when I got through the regular link, windowsupdate.microsoft.com, it takes me to the link:
*v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us

when this postcame it was too late for as i had already installed the v6 updater.....

Don't open the link now. It will install Win XP Validation Tool and the update site will be locked to Pirated Windows XP users.

So pirated users beware of this new version and do not do to it until Microsoft forces it on you using windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

Beware!

nup..... it did nothing & just went with the update..... may because i already had the validetion done.... (see the link for my HighJack post....*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19341&start=0&sid=a9b8d1cd9b7fce247d43de0a0fe3bcc0 u can find MS windows XP validetion tool is running/present in my system....).....

but.... after updating ZAP from 55.062.011 to 55.094.000 i was able to download updates.... but still every time my PC autoupdates or i visit the the windows update link i can find ZAP is giving me the same warning as posted earlyer.....
*img13.echo.cx/img13/6756/019rn.jpg.....

digen

Youngling
Dude saurav_cheeta I think i've already answered your query in my earlier reply.
Dude saurav that alert is not because of WU[Windows Update],instead someone maybe port scanning your IP address

And about the validation tool,afaik it hasnt been implemented fully yet.Meaning its not compulsory yet for a windows user to undergo the validation check.There is a option to opt out as of now.Do correct me if i'm wrong.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
diegn said:
Dude saurav_cheeta I think i've already answered your query in my earlier reply.
Quote:
Dude saurav that alert is not because of WU[Windows Update],instead someone maybe port scanning your IP address

ya..... but when i was writing my reply u posted ur reply.... so my reply came just after ur's.....

And about the validation tool,afaik it hasnt been implemented fully yet.Meaning its not compulsory yet for a windows user to undergo the validation check.There is a option to opt out as of now.Do correct me if i'm wrong.

i think u have to validet to get the v6 updater installed..... not to get automatic updates....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
strange.... its beta product.... & MS didnt have support to roll back.... it (MS) should warnd us with this fact be4 install.....

dam...

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
There is a method. Go to C:\Windows\Software Distribution and delete all .cab and .cat files.

Also Go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and remove an object in blue color and named like MuWebControl or something ... I don't remember.

And now you can download updates by Going to MyComputer(right click)>>Automatic Updates and choosing the option of Notifying but not installing(3rd option)..
Now it will warn you to download updates and you can download using the automatic updates box and not by the website.

A very crude but useful trick devised by me.

You cannot go back to version 5.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Also Go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and remove an object in blue color and named like MuWebControl or something ... I don't remember.

yaar i am useing compresd partion (NTFS) so all the files r in Blue.....

by the way.. this v6 updater did it has any number (KBxxxxxx) in that way u can uninstall it....

There is a method. Go to C:\Windows\Software Distribution and delete all .cab and .cat files.

i cant find any cab file... all of them r temp file of autoupdate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom