universal media player

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
OK guys

I am fed up of installing different players for different formats ...

Can anyone tell me if their is a media player which supports all the formats such as real, quicktime, windows media and preferably nero media format as well as the regular mp3 wav midi etc and is freferably freeware

I ve tried Jet audio but to no avail...

And I know that u have real alternative MPClassic and a Quictime alternative MP Calssic I want to know if their is a combined universal version....

mario_pant

In the zone
umm...... first of all get the k-lite codec pack FULL.... and install it!!...... then u can use winxp media player 10.....

or there is another software which is the first link on a search on google: Ace Media Player v2.0

link: *www.softviewer.com/download_detail.php?softid=4774

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
just use Media Player Classic
i dont know which format it doesnt play, coz it plays all the media files that i know of, including mpeg media files, windows media, real media, quicktime, DVD audio/video, avi, flash, 3gp, mp3, midi, wav, ogg, etc....u can even use it to play to streaming audio/video and it even supports image files. its a standalone executable, no need for an installation, just dload the zip file, unzip mplayerc.exe (4.62 mb) to any folder and viola! and the best part id that its not a resource hogger like other s/w's.

official download page on sourceforge: *sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358&release_id=314365

softpedia: *www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/Media-Player-Classic-for-Win2kXP.shtml

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
kumarmohit said:
real one not play apple quicktime
Well... i have seen .mov play with real player. Also 3gp plays with real if I am correct (saw some MMS :p)

Also have you tried Video LAN player (VLC player)?
*www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

It plays without the need for codecs. Plays:
* .avi
*.mpg
*.mp4
*.cue/.bin (SVCD)
*.dat
DVD files, Vobs
*.ogg
*.mov (yes, it plays I watched Indiana jones in this player)

It does not play real files, but we can make some player play it with the help of codecs, but that's illegal. Also u can have Real alternative installed in case u dot like real formats.

Also install this Klite mega codec pack and enjoy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom