uninstalling OS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
hey i recently installed WinXP home... on the same drive as my winXP home SP2 was installed.... actualli i did it as the earlier windows had crshed... now i have some how revived my earlier windows so i want to uninstall\delete the other windows.... what is the way to do it....
there are to window:
1. C:\WINDOWS
2. C:\WINXP

whe ni start my computer i get a MultiOS boot screen... and i have to choose between WINXP HOME & WINXP HOME....
so i want this to go away to....

girishtare

Right off the assembly line
You can just delete the windows folder which you dont need, but the programs you have installed on that windows wont be deleted.

to remove the multiOS boot screen, type "boot.ini" in start-run and remove the windows you do not need.

I think this may work

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
One should never install 2 OS on same drives as it can be very dangerous. You have mixed 2 OS completely.

Also the windows u want to remove, u should remove its folder by booting into the other one. No gurantee that all of xp can be removed.

You can also check out *www.petri.co.il/uninstall_windows_xp.htm for removing any of the required xp.

But remember never install 2 os on same drive especially xp, 2000, nt or 2003.

T

Tux

navjotjsingh said:
One should never install 2 OS on same drives as it can be very dangerous. You have mixed 2 OS completely.

Also the windows u want to remove, u should remove its folder by booting into the other one. No gurantee that all of xp can be removed.

You can also check out *www.petri.co.il/uninstall_windows_xp.htm for removing any of the required xp.

But remember never install 2 os on same drive especially xp, 2000, nt or 2003.

Yeaqh. Even avoid WinXp and 98/me.
Try to install XP on ntfs.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
mario_pant said:
ummm.... are u sure.... cause i dont want any more fatal errors....
No fatal errors........... Just delete the WinXP(or whichever) folder and edit the Boot.ini file...........
Your boot.ini should look like this after editing it:

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINXP="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Delta

Journeyman
khattam_ said:
mario_pant said:
ummm.... are u sure.... cause i dont want any more fatal errors....
No fatal errors........... Just delete the WinXP(or whichever) folder and edit the Boot.ini file...........
Your boot.ini should look like this after editing it:

Code:
[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINXP="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Agree!!!! 8) Perfect Solution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom